Will it still be cold in September

ericdharma

Registered
Help!!! I am not a winter person. I know that this winter has been relatively mild but I need a ray of hope. I need to be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel. When will it be warm again. When can I put my heater away and hang out all day and night without a coat.

I guess that cold is relative term. Yesterday, for example, was a beautiful day but we all know that the weather can change quickly and it could still get to be cold enough to have to use the heater in your apartment. I want to know when (generally) this will end and we can put the jackets and heaters away for good?

Mid-october is when it starts to get warm again properly. up to then, there'll be good days and bad days, good weeks and bad weeks. The best weather here is mid-october to mid-december- little rain, low humidity and beautiful blue skies. That said, you could be using the heating at night up until mid-november.

Yesterday and today have been particularly bad. Temperatures of 20 Celsius are comparable to the Arctic in January. I´ve had the heating on at full blast and bundled myself up in sweaters and overcoat inside, but to no avail: nothing can dispel this kind of biting cold.

I am sure you are joking :) bigbadwolf.
I lived and worked in London for 3 years and temperatures there in the winter were many times below those in Argentina, it even snowed there a week or so a year... (and London is amongst the warmer places of the isle where you are originally from, no??).
New York in winter is also no picknick....
Yes it is cold, but it is winter after all :) As someone said the better months of the year to visit/enjoy Buenos Aires are October to December and in my humble opinion also March to May. We´ll have to do as best we can until spring time comes.....

"anda" said:
I lived and worked in London for 3 years and temperatures there in the winter were many times below those in Argentina, it even snowed there a week or so a year...
You speak in jest. Why today we had a bone-chilling temperature of 26 Celsius (79 Fahrenheit). I could barely summon the courage to venture outside. Even my electric heater barely makes a difference in such absolute cold. I admire Argentinians whom I see wearing merely a sweater and overcoat in such temperatures.

I'm confused here sorry,Bigbadwolf, you ARE joking aren't you? you have to be surely? I live in Scotland and the temperatures you describe are warm for us and is a sign we are coming into summer!!...Hold on, why am I even rising to the bait. You are joking aren't you?

"robster" said:
Hold on, why am I even rising to the bait. You are joking aren't you?
Good Lord. Do you have to ask? These are summer temperatures in Minneapolis. In winter we occassionally have days with -25 Fahrenheit (yes, Fahrenheit), which can be -50 F with wind chill.

Thanks for clearing that one up ;-)
If its 20C in the winter then I can'twait to get there!

Back