Work For A Ma In Public Administration And Ba In Business

ChristyLeeCarter

Registered
Good morning! My name is Christy Carter and I am moving to Buenos Aires in July. I recently graduated with a Masters Degree in Public Administration. I also hold a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and I am a certified Mediator. I am looking for work in Buenos Aires and I am looking forward to a complete change of pace.

I am very good with creating processes and making the work environment more efficient. Currently, I work for a bi-partisan lobbying firm and assist five type A lobbyists with just about everything you can think of from communicating with clients to planning events, meetings and travel arrangements.

I love politics, but most importantly, I want to help people and make the world more just.

Attached is my resume, please share with anyone you think could use my talents. I am very versatile and willing to move in a different direction as well.

Thank you for your time and please let me know how I can help anyone on this site one day!

What a great community you have started here! Well done.

Speak to you soon!

Best,
Christy L. Carter

Attachments

• 2013-05-17, Resume - Carter, Christy.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 13
If you look through threads on jobs in BA previously you will see a few main themes. I havent read your cv so apologies if either of these are already referenced.

1. Level of Spanish - unless you are internally transferring within a multinational (doesnt sound like it) you will need a good level of spanish

2. Any contacts ? - Local job market is all about who you know. It is not particularly open. If you have family or friends here you need to expand that network of contacts.

3. Legal status - do you meet the criteria to have a DNI via temporary or permanent residency. It will be very complicated to get an interview and sponsorship to work here if you are not ´legal´without that all important network of contacts.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and the information! I am not transferring with a multinational company and I have a basic level of Spanish. I have some contacts down there which I have contacted and plan to meet up with when I get down there in early July.

When I arrive in BA I will have six months with no rent to network, improve my Spanish and meet people!

Thanks! Any guidance is welcomed!

Excuse me but I have to ask: why are you moving to a country with 30% inflation rate, impossible currency exchange procedures, insecurity, a rapidly burgeoning (I think it's spelled that way) drug production/transport center, and people who, on a good day, are mildly rude?...I know, you're into "adventure living"...good luck!

Excuse me but I have to ask: why are you moving to a country with 30% inflation rate, impossible currency exchange procedures, insecurity, a rapidly burgeoning (I think it's spelled that way) drug production/transport center, and people who, on a good day, are mildly rude?...I know, you're into "adventure living"...good luck!
I really like Argentina! I found people are very friendly here compared to country I have lived in before. No regrets about moving here. Inflation and money exchange can be an issue, though (especially if your income is from Argentina/in local currency only).

germano: I've lived in several central/south american contries and argentines are by far the rudest. What country did you live in before you moved here?

Some people are indeed rude but I don't think most people are. What are your experiences in those other countries?

[background=rgb(230, 230, 230)]cmmiori why are you here if you don't like it? are you obligated by job/spouse or not enough money to get a plane ticket elsewhere?[/background]

germano: I've lived in several central/south american contries and argentines are by far the rudest. What country did you live in before you moved here?
The last one was Chile (central and south). Though people with German heritage opened up a little when they noticed I was German - most of of the Chileans I met were rather distanced and cold. Here my experience has been so far the complete opposite. But that is my personal, subjective experience and I am also not claiming that I have been to 'every' part of Chile ;)

Back