Work VISA duration

Good advice, steveinbsas.

This looks like the sort of situation where one really cannot be too cautious.

As I said regarding the passport translation (and/or just having photocopies of all of the pages), don't give them any reason to object (and possibly reject) if you can help it.

Thanks for all your hlep guys....much appreciated.
My work will be arranging my VISA via KPMG....

Your advise is very handy.

kl281071 said:
i was born in south easr asia and there is no record......i carry an australian passport. i didn't have to provide a birth certificate
Were you, while refugeeing to Australia, either officially classified as stateless or under United Nations' care? If so, all member nations of the U.N., Argentina among them, provide for exceptions to normal procedures. I'd urge you to consult an Argentine lawyer specializing in immigration; if KPMG is sponsoring you in Argentina, the firm well may pay the comparatively modest fee.

After submitting all the papers, do you have to set up another "turno" to actually receive the work visa or do you return whenever it's ready? I ask because I have a turno on June 1st (i may or may not have my FBI records by then) and am leaving the country June 16-27 (not going to the states where I'm from) and was curious if I could just pick it up after I return or do they mail something? Also, it shouldn't be a problem leaving the currently while it's being processed, right?

Hi Popper,
when you present your papers at your first turno (which I believe must include your FBI background check - translated) you will be given a precaria temporaria on the day. With this, you are able to leave the country. You must carry it with you and present it to immigration, if not they will stamp you in/out as a tourist.
You will be able to return to immigration about 40days after your first turno to collect the disposicion. This is the actual work permit, they will take your precaria as you will no longer need that.

This is all with the assumption your first turno is to present all of your papers, and not to get your Argentine background check which I believe also requires a turno these days.

I arranged my visa earlier this year and did leave during the 40day period with my precaria. There were no issues at all. However I am aware they have changed procedures somewhat since then, so please do not take my advice as gospel!

Erin

This lawyer is one of the best. If you like, get in touch with him and he'll advise you specifically what needs to be done

Héctor Gabriel Celano
Celano & Asociados - Abogados

Av. Belgrano 634, 2 "B"
C1092AAT - Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
ARGENTINA
Tel. +54 11 4342 9433 Fax. +54 11 4342 7163
Cel. +54 9 11 4400 9278 [email protected]

1521 Alton Road # 816
Miami Beach, FL 33139
USA
Tel. 1 (305) 851 3189

Back