WORK VISA or RESIDENCIA PRECARIA?

KAguilar

Registered
To anyone who can help me,

I just received a job offer today from a very large company here in Buenos Aires. All I need is a CUIL to begin working. As far as I see it, I have two options:

1) Getting a Residencia Precaria to obtain a CUIL
2) Getting a Work Visa to obtain a CUIL

The problem with the first option is that the requirements for the USA FBI background check can take many weeks, if not two months. So now I am looking into getting a Work Visa to obtain my CUIL.

The company I hope to be working for has told me they will do whatever they can to help me get a legal working status here. The only problem is that to get a Work Visa, I need provide proof of a work contract and my employer will not give me a work contract until I have a CUIL.

My question now, to anyone who might have some insight is: is there any sort of precontract / precontrato that I can present to get the work visa? - i.e. a proposed contract from the company that says they are actually offering me work should I be able to obtain this Work Visa/ CUIL.

If you have any suggestions or ideas how to solve this issue or even expedite the first option of the residencia precaria, please let me know! Your help is greatly appreciated!

The HR dept. needs to be better informed. They have to register at immigrations as a company that hires foreigners "REGISTRO NACIONAL UNICO DE REQUIRENTES DE EXTRANJEROS". They (or a gestor) have to go with you to immigrations with your a work contract and other required documents including the company's CUIT, Owner information etc. ,so you can get the residencia precaria which then becomes a temporary visa. Once that is done you go to ANSES and get a temporary CUIL which you change when you get your DNI. Once you have that 1st CUIL, your job makes the final contract with your CUIL # and you are legally employed in blanco.

This is how my former employer employed extranjeros.

You also need the FBI report to get a work visa as well. No way around that unfortunately.

KAguilar said:
As far as I see it, I have two options:

1) Getting a Residencia Precaria to obtain a CUIL
2) Getting a Work Visa to obtain a CUIL

Maikito and CityGirl already explained the process. I Just wanted to clarify that you don't have 2 options one being a "precaria" and the other one a "work visa". Once you file all your papers, you will get a "residencia precaria". This means that Migraciones still has not resolved your case but allow you to stay and legally work until they do. If their decision is favorable, and they grant a visa, you will then have a 1 year "work visa". If their decision is negative, you will be denied the visa.

Great, thanks for the clarification. What will take the longest is the FBI background check. Do any of you guys have an idea as to how long it actually takes? Any suggestions on how to go about the process or expedite it?

8-12 weeks for the FBI report. You can request it to be expedited but no guaranties that it will work. And expedited will probably be 6-8 weeks. You need to get fingerprints done (I assume you are already here) here and then send the card along with the official letter to the FBI.

KAguilar said:
GWhat will take the longest is the FBI background check. Any suggestions on how to go about the process or expedite it?

Go to the FBI website.

Back