World-Cup in South Africa? No, in Buenos Aires!

Corazon Argentina

Registered
Hello Football-Fans,

NEWS: WE CHANGED THE LOCATION TO THE IRISH PUB SULLIVAN'S

we know the problem of getting the real European football-spirit in Buenos Aires. So we are organising an event series during the Worldcup 2010.

Everyday there we are showing a "Match of the Day". We will focus on the teams of England, Germany, France, USA, Italy, Spain, Brazil and, of course, Argentina.

For these we will have an event moderation in Spanish, English and german, plus players presentations, your football-songs and, of course, your anthem.

Get in touch with other fans from your country and from all over the world.

We will charge a entrance fee of 30 Pesos for a "Day-Ticket". One free beer or café is included.

Our stadium "Sullivan's" is located 100m from "Plaza Serrano", right in the heart of Palermo-Soho.

For further information visit our Facebook-Fansite:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/World-Cup-in-South-Africa-No-in-Buenos-Aires/123838764302317

There you can find pics of the location, all dates and facts concerning the event and a forum to discuss all about football.

Yours Torsten / Team - Corazón Argentina

Attachments

• Cartel Argentina.jpg
    Cartel Argentina.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 0
  • Deutschland-gg-Ghana1.jpg
    Deutschland-gg-Ghana1.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Worldcup 2010.jpg
    Worldcup 2010.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
Well, why not get together in a bar where all you have to pay for is the beer and a pizza?

Good initiative though, well done.

Monday, May 24, 2010

• dip2405-08-socce_663321gm-e.jpg
    Photo: ENRIQUE MARCARIAN/REUTERS
    A Canadian soccer fan waits for the start of the friendly soccer match between Argentina and Canada in Buenos Aires.

Why pay 30 pesos to watch a couple games when you can watch the games for free in a "lousy bar" where everyone is yelling, cheering, and getting nuts??

I get tired of Expats getting ripped off by sh!t like this...

Thats absurd to have to pay an entrance fee to watch the games at a bar. Will they provide you with your own personal TV?

Sugar now has two screens, with HD direct tv, and is showing the matches. Their TV in the back room is the biggest around and the new one up front is a great addition so they can now show two different games at the same times. Combine that with their $ 7 pints and their great wings and burgers and you have the best sports bar in palermo. All that and no "tickets" needed to watch the world cup!

Hi GSI! Hi Sofia!

Referring to your postings, I´m the guy who is "ripping off the expats". Maybe I will explain you my point of view.

1) You are not forced to come to MALASARTES, where the show will take place. There are hundreds, maybe thousands of bars and restaurants in B.Aires, that have TV in their location. They will switch it on and they will not charge any little Peso beside of food and beverage. You can sit there, have a pizza, burger or a beer. It´s a great deal for anyone, who isn´t very interested in football, but loves the special atmosphere of a Worldcup.

2) And yes, there are some kind of sports bars, where you can meet some other fans or reserve a table and watch the matches with your people. Great thing, too.

3) What I offer is a completely different thing. Have you been in Germany for 2006 Worldcup? Then you know what I´m talking about. My mission is to connect the real football freaks of Buenos Aires. Before the games you´ll get all the information concerning your team in a Live-Show in two languages. We will sing together the football songs from "footballs coming home" to "54,74,90, 2010". I´ll support discussions between fans from England and Germany, from France and Italy, from Holland and the US. I want to see the Irish-Fans (who will get btw free entrance for every match of France) teasing the french fans when Thierry Henry will loose the ball. I want to see Germans and English fans at a penalty shootout in my place. I want my location getting completely "oranje" when van Bommel, Robben and van der Vaart celebrate their "Total Football".
I´m an expat, too, it´s not my bar and I spent a awful lot of work and passion on these events and yes, at the end of the day, it would be nice if there is some money left.
Blame me for using the expression "lousy bar". It refers to just my experiences with Champions League matches in Buenos Aires: People, that are interested? Yes! People with passion for their team and real enthusiasm? Unfortunately no...

So, feel free, to watch the Worldcup wherever you want to. If you are really a football freak, my offer, even for 30 Pesos incl. a free drink, maybe would be a great choice. So if that means "ripping off expats"...Guilty as charged!

And for you, GSI and Sofia: Come to MALASARTES at the first weekend (saturday or sunday), watch the matches and if you´ll say to me after the event "Torsten, that was a piece of sh!t", you´ll get your money back,okay?! And finally: English is not my native language but I hope, I found the right wording.

I wish anyone a great Worldcup 2010...wherever you will watch it ;-)

Yours Torsten / Team Corazón Argentina

Hey everyone, brand new yanki user here.

So what's the verdict to you guys? Are you going to this guys' joint or are you checking out Sugar?

I want to try to see the game with some other USA fans if I can. I've heard Casabar is a pretty good expat hotspot, too.

Any help would be appreciated. ¡Vamos las estrellas y las rayas!

^^ Yeah that. I'm trying to find some place decent to watch both games today- sounds like Sugar is a decent place? How early should I show up for the Argentina game- it starts at 11 yeah?

Torsten,

For your respectful, well thought out, response, I'll see you in an hour to root on my team the US!! I appreciate your response and am looking forward to the experience you have so passionately put together.

I'll repost my experience for other expatters......GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Respectfully,
Jarrod

Sugar it is then. I will see you yanks at gametime.

I'll be the one in glasses wearing a Navy BRADLEY - 4 jersey if anyone wants to say hi.

¡HASTA LA VICTORIA! :D

Back