World cup ,who wins

dk2

Registered
come on win a prize ,tell me who you think will win the rugby world cup....its very open...

I don't know who will win, but once every four years I'm reminded why I only enjoy watching futbol when it is played by (real) girls...and what kind of (real) men it takes to play rugby.:D

More seriously, this year, the teams are quite well balanced. I expect (maybe wrongly) a further surprise like the Aussies finishing (finally) first of their group or Argentina ending first in its groupe before England (I know, sounds illogical since this year, the Rose seems superior) --> This to rebalance the final groups to the Finals and to avoid two separate NH/SH groups.

Winner is among those :
New Zealand, England, Australia, France, South Africa, Ireland, Wales (by decreasing order --> Yes, I place England before Australia = promising new generation).

Sorry for Scots and Italians, but even if one exploit is possible on one game, I doubt they're able to do so three/four times in a row.

I can speak about France : typical = can beat any team anytime but is so inconstant (we have hard times facing supposed "weak" teams) that it can also lose anytime.

It's very opened this year + this strange northern/southern hemisphere dispatch (that might be fixed indeed...).

Like often, the so-called small games often are the most interesting ones (See North Korea during the last Soccer/football WC -> It was truly amazing if some of you remember = the coach in particular).

EDIT : and I forgot Argentina. Argentina is a great team (los Gallos lo saben, jaja...) but it's not what it was even two years ago. JM Hernandez is not in. There are wounds. How deep is the bench?

dk2 said:
well said steve...but go on have guess

Of course I'd love to see Argentina win. The last few minutes of their match with SCO were so intense that I couldn't sit down until it was over.

South Africa and New Zealand would be my top picks...with a nod to South Africa.

(I've been a rugby fan since I first visited Australia in 1976, but I don't think I'll ever enjoy watching "men's" futbol/soccer.)

Back