world press photo 09

katti

Registered
Today I went to the exhibition of the winning photos of the 'world press photo 09' in centro cultural de Borges. For anyone who likes photography and for everyone who is interested in what is happening in the world I can recommend this exhibition. Impressive but not for the weak at heart.
Those who can spare an hour or so should go and have a look, it ends on the 4th of october!
It's in Microcentro, on the corner of Viamonte y San Martin.
http://www.worldpressphoto.org/inde...&selectedItem=54&Itemid=154&bandwidth=high#54

I can second this recommendation. Highly recommended.

While there, anyone interested in architecture or the history of this city should spend a little time with the exhibition "Le Corbusier en el Rio de la Plata, 1929." It's across the hall from the press photo exhibit, and it's free. Don't miss the correspondence between Corbu and Victoria Ocampo regarding her house in Palermo Chico!

Katti-

I went by there on Friday, but I ended up seeing funky architectural designs, funky clothing designs, and massive pencil on paper drawings that looked like it took months to make each one.

I wanted to see the photos, but I did see them in the normal 2nd floor (piso 1) area. Where were they?

That's ok. I was reading up on it yesterday and saw that it was the closing. I considered going back by but I ended up meeting a friend in San Telmo so she could buy some crapo before moving back to the States tomorrow.

Oh well, maybe I'll look at the pics online.

I was there Friday as well. It was still there on Friday. You buy the tickets at the place where you saw the funky clothes (the school project display, right?). Then you go upstairs, out & it was in another of the galleries.

mini said:
I was there Friday as well. It was still there on Friday. You buy the tickets at the place where you saw the funky clothes (the school project display, right?). Then you go upstairs, out & it was in another of the galleries.
Oooohhhh... I didn't even know that they had a gallery that required tickets to be purchased. Hmmm. I just always thought that it was that display area right at the top of the stairs. I'm still learning things.

Gracias

Napoleon said:
Oooohhhh... I didn't even know that they had a gallery that required tickets to be purchased. Hmmm. I just always thought that it was that display area right at the top of the stairs. I'm still learning things.

Gracias

You need to go up two flights of stairs. One will get you see the "info desk". That is where you buy tickets (if needed, some exhibits are free). Then up again to a place where they have the auditorium and some exhibition space. Then there is a door. Out this door is a fountain (?) think and there, if you stand at the door, you will see three more doors just like it. There are three other "room" with exhibits, the bathroom & even a tango school (in the way back of one of them). Many of the exhibits are free.

You need to go back! ;)

Back