Would You?

I agree with a lot you say but 50-80s per drink??? Most places a Fernet and Coke costs around 30 pesos if you go to right places its 20.

Fernet with coke is OK, for locals that have a taste fpr it, but some like Glenfidich on the rocks or a Stoly... :D $50 is not unreasonable. :cool:

Fernet with coke is OK, for locals that have a taste fpr it, but some like Glenfidich on the rocks or a Stoly... :D $50 is not unreasonable. :cool:

A vodka and coke costs much less than that plus a beer is not going to cost 50 pesos...

...just yet ;)

I really appreciate all the different opinions, it truly is great to see what people think about Argentina and all its current problems. I think that after being in US for 15 years it will be an adjustment to go back to the chaotic life in Buenos Aires, however, I find life in US sometimes a little too dull and people just go a out life like cattle, just following without questioning much. Everything works well here, but it's far from the perfect place I once though it was. I commute 2.5 hours a day to go back and forth from work, hoping that nobody shoots me because I might forgot my blinker when changing lanes in the freeway. I get to work and deal with the same kind of people I would deal in most places.... Everyone thinks they are great, never their fault and they should be rewarded despite of their performance. Maybe this is a human race problem and not a matter of citizenship? I don't know, I met so many great people here but also so many ignorant and pretentious ones and I work hard at not generalizing the entire population based on the few bad apples I have encountered over the years. My motivation to move is mostly family related, while I find the culture in US to be very positive in some aspects, it feels like people in Argentina are way more friendly and it is easier to make friends there than it is here. I know romanticize my homeland and I know I'm up for some hard times, but sometimes the predictable life in US seems like is not fitting for me any longer. While I live a comfortable life and I have been lucky enough to make and save a few dollars, I found that money and the comforts afforded in US come with a big price tag because I have to be far away from my family. Please keep posting, I love reading different points of view!

It sounds like you are just looking for adventure and a bit of a change up. Thats a fine reason to come to Argentina if you come here with eyes wide open about what kind of adventure you're looking for. BUT, its a big wide world, you've already experienced the US and Argentina, why not take the opportunity to experience life and adventure somewhere else?

Maybe try somewhere else in the US, there are a lot of places to experience an urban life. Having been to a lot of suburban places in Texas I wouldn't want to live there (and driving there isn't fun either as you mention your long commute), but I miss Philadelphia (I live in the city, walk or take the train everywhere, have a vibrant attachment to all my neighborhood shop owners and restaurant owners), New York City, even Pittsburgh where I was born. But I completely understand the family aspect, not having your family close is tough.

You are quite right, however Very much depends on location, prices in Plaza Once differ from Patio Bulrich :D

Yep prices vary hugely. Although I think the average price would be below 50 pesos, no? Its pretty crazy actually how in some bars (pretty decent ones) I now you can get a litre of Stella for 28 pesos and in others its 45 pesos.

No one say that they don't, they are, but the problem with that post is the inaccuracy, talking like that i would be able to say BS about every city in the world, just an example is telling that anarchist burning cars is something someone would even notice beside the news paper in one article from year to year, they have burn 2 cars in what 1 year? then i could affirm that London, Paris and all mayor city’s have really serious anarchist problems as they burn 1000 of cars, is just everything exaggerated in that post 80 pesos a drink lol where a fuck he go out, Now it is possible that everything is heading in that direction thank to the queen K but that is a different think and to talk in a different topic.

In any case no one can see the future but i agree with you that the economy is not heading in the right direction unless something change drastically in this government economy plan.

Lamarque, The number of Burnt cars in 2013 already ad to 24 and in 2012 were 133...!! Uhmmm..!
When your car is torched insurance doesn't cover you, falls under Vandalism...!! fire insurance coverage is only for accidental fire .
That worries me...!! :eek:

http://www.clarin.com/policiales/ataque-quemacoches_0_867513368.html

I grew up in Argentina but I now live in Texas. I'm considering a move back to Argentina after being gone for 15 years. I visit at least once a year so I know what life there is like, but I'm scared to pack up and go given the current economy there. I have a college degree, fluent in both English and Spanish, and I would be able to work there given that I have an Argentinean ID. I miss life in the big city....

Are you only coming back to BsAs because you "miss life in the big city". I ask this because I know there are so many more and better cities then any city in Texas ( well, maybe not Austin)? I am only saying that there other choices, not that BsAs is not great, but I made a educated choice based on a lot of personal experiences to be here. Maybe I am incorrect, but it sounds like you are choosing between Texas and BsAs, and REALLY, there is ALOT more cities out there to choose from.
Just my opinion,
Nancy

Lamarque, The number of Burnt cars in 2013 already ad to 24 and in 2012 were 133...!! Uhmmm..!
When your car is torched insurance doesn't cover you, falls under Vandalism...!! fire insurance coverage is only for accidental fire .
That worries me...!! :eek:

http://www.clarin.co..._867513368.html

Do you belive that if you buy a lotery ticket you will get the first price? well you have less chances even to sufer one of this incidents than wining the lotery, so unless you are one of that persons that really belive can be so lucky/unlucky then you should be worried :p

Are you only coming back to BsAs because you "miss life in the big city". I ask this because I know there are so many more and better cities then any city in Texas ( well, maybe not Austin)? I am only saying that there other choices, not that BsAs is not great, but I made a educated choice based on a lot of personal experiences to be here. Maybe I am incorrect, but it sounds like you are choosing between Texas and BsAs, and REALLY, there is ALOT more cities out there to choose from.
Just my opinion,
Nancy

Nancy, I absolutely love New York, Philly , and Chicago but my biggest reason is my son being there and attending a local university. I wish he would want to come to US and go to college here, but at 19, he has a hard time making a such a change. Basically, I'm trying to asses how much would my lifestyle be altered if I go back to Argentina to be near my son.

Back