Would You?

Nancy, I absolutely love New York, Philly , and Chicago but my biggest reason is my son being there and attending a local university. I wish he would want to come to US and go to college here, but at 19, he has a hard time making a such a change. Basically, I'm trying to asses how much would my lifestyle be altered if I go back to Argentina to be near my son.

Nancy, I absolutely love New York, Philly , and Chicago but my biggest reason is my son being there and attending a local university. I wish he would want to come to US and go to college here, but at 19, he has a hard time making a such a change. Basically, I'm trying to asses how much would my lifestyle be altered if I go back to Argentina to be near my son.
MVD

I wish he would want to come to US and go to college here, but at 19, he has a hard time making a such a change. Basically, I'm trying to asses how much would my lifestyle be altered if I go back to Argentina to be near my son.

I don't mean to sound cold but perhaps at 19 you should let him live his life a little. What if you move to Argentina and he decides to move to France? Will you follow him there?

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

MVD= Montevideo.

I am from Texas and cannot stand the suburbs there or anywhere; I'd honestly rather live in a small town if forced to choose. Austin is a small town to me, though. Great place, but if you like big city life and any sort of fine arts/fine dining scene, you will eventually get bored in Austin. It's a great college town but that brings with it a lot of cons.

A 2 1/2 hour commute sounds nightmarish! You did not mention which city you are near, but have you ever lived in central Houston? There are lots of Argentines, the population is very international, and I generally think it's a great place to live. Very safe and affordable, the economy is strong, and it's much more open-minded and liberal than people ever guess due to the aforementioned diversity. Super friendly place. Plus, there's a direct flight to BA from IAH. If you don't end up back in Argentina, at least consider getting out of the suburbs! Good luck with whatever you decide. What a difficult decision.[/background]

Oh that's unfortunate, 19 is the best time to make changes. However as you know, here in Argentina people tend to go to the same school their whole lives, and there is a bit of an assumption that they will follow their friends to the same universities etc. In North America parents of course don't like changing their child's school, but they also don't think of it as such a traumatic moment, and when choosing university tend to encourage the best choice for their child, not just the one that their friends' will be going to.

Life will of course change for you, but I understand the pull of family. As others have said, is there a way you could take some time off from your job? Or alternatively, do you think you'd be able to encourage your son to take more time in the States -- unfortunately summer is ending, but this would be a choice, to spend his breaks from university in the States, or better yet, perhaps encourage him to take a semester abroad in Texas? This may serve to open his eyes to other possibilities.

Do you belive that if you buy a lotery ticket you will get the first price? well you have less chances even to sufer one of this incidents than wining the lotery, so unless you are one of that persons that really belive can be so lucky/unlucky then you should be worried :p

An evasive response...!!You miss the point, the point was that your figures on cars being burnt were Totally and absolutely inaccurate..... you don't even blink! Please Correct your DATA...!!

Following your line of thought one wouldn't need isurance :D

An evasive response...!!You miss the point, the point was that your figures on cars being burnt were Totally and absolutely inaccurate..... you don't even blink! Please Correct your DATA...!!

Following your line of thought one wouldn't need isurance :D

You have proff that the recoleta anarchist recent event is related to the others burned cars? we are talking of supose anarchist movement band burning cars (that was the original afirmation, not about cars turned on fire in football event or what ever), and you miss the point in my comment as well, because i was afimating that his statement based on a news that was on clarin some days ago about an anarchist band burning 2 cars was BS as it was putting that as if it were a normal and very probable thing that would happen to your car here and a real factor to consider for not comming or comming into the city.

Fernet with coke is OK, for locals that have a taste fpr it, but some like Glenfidich on the rocks or a Stoly... :D $50 is not unreasonable. :cool:

Ok fair enough Glenfiddich 12 isn't the greatest of single malts but to pour any single malt over ice... you'd be as well drinking Glasgou over your ice!

2HGM8sS.jpg

Distilled from air dried barley without peat smoke, and using the soft, pure local water, this unique whisky is bottled unchill-filtered at cask strength to preserve it natural flavour.
:lol: :lol: :lol: (a cask strength whisky at 39%)

You have proff that the recoleta anarchist recent event is related to the others burned cars? we are talking of supose anarchist movement band burning cars (that was the original afirmation, not about cars turned on fire in football event or what ever), and you miss the point in my comment as well, because i was afimating that his statement based on a news that was on clarin some days ago about an anarchist band burning 2 cars was BS as it was putting that as if it were a normal and very probable thing that would happen to your car here and a real factor to consider for not comming or comming into the city.

I have to provide proof that the anarchist groups are related in these car burning events.....!!! jajajjaajja you believe I'm with SIDE. I never mentioned anarchists...? I don't give a rats ass who did it? Only 24 cars burnt so far this year, and 133 last year. That is a fact.

You have expressed your views I have expressed mine!! no need for further debate.

Back