Writer? Short Story Group Wanted

Canick

Registered
I'm looking to organize a very small group of fiction writers (any level) to meet once a week near Plaza Italia / La Rural in Palermo, Tuesday evenings at 630 (until 8pm max.)

I can offer my office but it only has a round table that fits 6. I think this would be a good size group to start anyway.

My idea is this: Each week we take turns in choosing a fictional location, theme and an object for the rest of us to write about during the week. The following Tuesday we present and give feedback to each other. The stories themselves should be no more than a few pages long.

Examples: location: Woods, Theme: Revenge, Object: Bird.

you take those three words and write whatever you want that you think will be of interest to you and the others. Each week we could vote on whose story was the most original and maybe they win a gold star or an extra cup of coffee. ;)

i'm flexible on how this morphs, but thought this would be a good way to meet other creatives and have a bit of fun.

I want to get a mix of people from different countries but we would write in English. I would like to try and get an equal ratio of male to female. If this idea takes off we could expand the group or set up other locations to go etc.

so if you are interested please post or pm me.
I would like to know where you are from, your age, male or female and if you have ANY background in writing. I'm looking for a group to commit to both the time and place, so if that doesn't work for you, maybe you could start your own group.

about me: I am a indie film producer who is currently writing my first script after years of producing...and I think that this would be a great way to get my creative juices flowing again after the holidays.

let me know if you are interested.
nick
:)

Interested too, at least once to be honest and just to be Calife à la place du Calife !

You, the poster formerly known as "French Jurist", that position you want is already taken, but you're welcome to Dilat Laraht's

have heard from a few of you, would love to hear from more if interested.
n

Back