You are eating dog food....

A&A

Registered
...if you are not getting your empanadas from Pizza Chopi!!!

Holy Crap!!, they are amazing and I have been eating my body weight in empanadas for 5 months now. An Argentine friend turned my wife on to this place and I just had them. Wow!! Not traditional shape (like little pastry volcanoes stuffed with awesome! Yes they took long to deliver (even by Argentine standards..but so worth it!

Google em up and get ye to Pizza Chopi post haste!! (or just call for delivery like we did)

This is not the kind of place that slips a menu under your door. Dismiss it and it will be your loss. Chopi is awesome. They use fresh mushrooms, like real actual mushrooms. And blue cheese that isn't so blended and melted into that strange ubiquitous white cheese that I think is supposed to be mozzarella so it's the essence of blue cheese, but actual crumbly blue cheese. And chicken, identifiable chicken, in chunks, not that's dried chopped up chicken like mush.

Two thumbs up!!

Lee: perhaps you did not read the headline, perhaps you have such a blessed life that after an all night bender in West Hollywood at like 5am and really kind of jonesing for a frozen burrito and realizing your roommate sold your microwave, you have not been reduced to nibbling a bit of kibbel. But trust me when i say, I have had empandas from La Boca to Las Canitas. I have traversed Rivadavia, I have wandered alone at night through IndoAmerica Park, I have scaled Aconcagua-esque heights in search of the most delicious pastry dough pocket in this town...and after Pizza Chopi all else is but sad dried Alpo reconstituted with cheap Malbec and water.

Get ye briskly to the phone and order 'em up...

**this message was approved by "A&A Empanadas for Life" and is no way a paid endorsement or positive feedback in return for discount or any sort of food based incentive. Vote Empanadas for Life in 2011.***

Funny. I lived in the area for 5 years and ignored the place completely. But I'm not an "enthusiastic" when it comes to empanadas. Same I can say about mate. And soccer. I guess I'm not a "proper" argie... :( But what's really tragic is when I lived in the US I fell in love with donuts and peanut butter, which I truly miss.

Thanks A&A, I will buy some next time I visit my parents. They live nearby.

I forgot... I hate truco. :D

But I love asados, sloppy amateur rugby, Buenos Aires in Fall and Winter, Tango's crazy poetry, the sound of the afilador's whistle, Belgrano (my world), writing rambling posts here, etc. :D

Anyone care to share where this Pizza Chopi is located? Is please do so! And thanks.

Hmmm have not been to chopi but I love americana's empanadas.

A&A said:
Lee: perhaps you did not read the headline, perhaps you have such a blessed life that after an all night bender in West Hollywood at like 5am and really kind of jonesing for a frozen burrito and realizing your roommate sold your microwave, you have not been reduced to nibbling a bit of kibbel. But trust me when i say, I have had empandas from La Boca to Las Canitas. I have traversed Rivadavia, I have wandered alone at night through IndoAmerica Park, I have scaled Aconcagua-esque heights in search of the most delicious pastry dough pocket in this town...and after Pizza Chopi all else is but sad dried Alpo reconstituted with cheap Malbec and water.

Get ye briskly to the phone and order 'em up...

**this message was approved by "A&A Empanadas for Life" and is no way a paid endorsement or positive feedback in return for discount or any sort of food based incentive. Vote Empanadas for Life in 2011.***

I love your passion - youre either crazy or inspired - I will trust in the latter...let us know where to find this manna and we will worship at your/their feet forever more o wise one.

Belgrano: Gral. E. Martinez 1425. Tel.: 4554-6965
Palermo: Ciudad de la Paz 178. Tel.:4777-8228
Nuñez: Manzanares 2373. Tel.: 4704-6433

We order from the Palermo one. I will not vouch for the others.

Back