Young native english speakers in Buenos Aires

Costanza Rossi

Registered
Hi, I'm Costanza, I'm 20 years old and I was born in Argentina and moved to the US when I was two so English was my first language since I grew up there. I then moved back to Argentina and haven't met anyone with a similar experience so now I'm curious and want to know if there are any young native or fluent English speakers in Buenos Aires so we can be friends lol.

Hi Constanza , yes there are a number of people who have lived some years in the uk/ us / etc and have returned . Most of the ones I know are in their late 30s/ in their 40s .
Try Couchsurfing or other sites where people in you age range meet .
it will be a mainly locals at the moment but you may find people you click with .
:)

If you're looking for young people, this might be the wrong forum for you!

the younger expats hang out at a couple places around town, mostly in Palermo. Cuervo Cafe (both locations), Nola, Sheikobs Bagels, Tres Monos are all some spots where you can pretty easily meet the expat crowd. They're also where the younger ones tend to gather. I have one or two people ask me if i'm from the US a week at Cuervo in pursuit of practicing english or talking to another expat.

Hi, I'm Costanza, I'm 20 years old and I was born in Argentina and moved to the US when I was two so English was my first language since I grew up there. I then moved back to Argentina and haven't met anyone with a similar experience so now I'm curious and want to know if there are any young native or fluent English speakers in Buenos Aires so we can be friends lol.

Hi Constanza! I’m back to Argentina after 8+ Years of living in Florida. I have an American 2 y/o boy. I would love to make native speakers friends to keep our boy culture and language alive at home. (Also looking for a native sitter you or someone you know might be interested) Hope you still check out your posts here!

If you're looking for young people, this might be the wrong forum for you!

the younger expats hang out at a couple places around town, mostly in Palermo. Cuervo Cafe (both locations), Nola, Sheikobs Bagels, Tres Monos are all some spots where you can pretty easily meet the expat crowd. They're also where the younger ones tend to gather. I have one or two people ask me if i'm from the US a week at Cuervo in pursuit of practicing english or talking to another expat.

hey, not all of us here are old grayhairs :)

I'm in my 30s and have a bunch of grey hair, quite grim. I'll be talking with people and they'll be going on about how great it was when the kids left the house for college, and ask if I felt the same, and just as I'm about to respond along the lines of "Christ, kids? I'm not even responsible enough to own a car or a house plant," it dawns on me that they see the grey streaks at the temples and assume I'm like 50-something, and I'm sort of stunned silent. Like I said, quite grim.

Go to Foodies (sp) on Facebook

Back