Yoyoyoyo

A rather charming young lady from Montreal came to my Vietnamese dinner last night. Apparently she is bringing me 2 cans of the finest syrup as a tip!!! Brunch on the terrace anyone????

That would be me! I'm blushing… a charming young lady!!! And yes, I have two 600 ml cans of Sirop d'érable pur (Pure Canadian Maple Syrup). I hope to bring it by later today or tomorrow. (Yesterday was not the best day for me, I think I drank a bit too much wine the night before...)

Peter, there's an outstanding jam session every Sunday nights at Jazz & Pop, Paraná 340 (between Corrientes and Sarmiento). The rest of the week is performances, but Sunday night is really special. Admission is 20pesos. When I go with friends, we're sometimes the only non-musicians in the house. (I'm a former New York jazz "groupie".)

Peter, there's an outstanding jam session every Sunday nights at Jazz & Pop, Paraná 340 (between Corrientes and Sarmiento). The rest of the week is performances, but Sunday night is really special. Admission is 20pesos. When I go with friends, we're sometimes the only non-musicians in the house. (I'm a former New York jazz "groupie".)

But sadly, this is on their homepage today:

"Con mucho dolor en el alma, lamentamos muchísimo contarles a los amantes del jazz y la música argentina que nos ha dejado Jorge “Negro” González, dueño de Jazz & Pop, prócer argentino de esta música, gran baluarte y luchador incansable.
Por razones de duelo, la programación de Jazz & Pop queda suspendida hasta nuevo aviso."

Since he died 9 Dec 2013, are you saying the club has since re-opened? I have never been and would love to go.

A rather charming young lady from Montreal came to my Vietnamese dinner last night. Apparently she is bringing me 2 cans of the finest syrup as a tip!!! Brunch on the terrace anyone????

I make some mean pancakes. :)

That would be me! I'm blushing… a charming young lady!!! And yes, I have two 600 ml cans of Sirop d'érable pur (Pure Canadian Maple Syrup). I hope to bring it by later today or tomorrow. (Yesterday was not the best day for me, I think I drank a bit too much wine the night before...)

You do have my address, correct? If there is any question on where to deliver it please PM me.

But sadly, this is on their homepage today:

"Con mucho dolor en el alma, lamentamos muchísimo contarles a los amantes del jazz y la música argentina que nos ha dejado Jorge “Negro” González, dueño de Jazz & Pop, prócer argentino de esta música, gran baluarte y luchador incansable.
Por razones de duelo, la programación de Jazz & Pop queda suspendida hasta nuevo aviso."

Since he died 9 Dec 2013, are you saying the club has since re-opened? I have never been and would love to go.

Oh, nooo!! I was last there December 1, and (unless I'm confusing it with other Sundays) . . . I believe he played that night. I didn't know he was the owner.

Don't know how long their "mourning" will go on, but there's a really tight nucleus of empassioned musicians there, and I can imagine the tradition continuing. I do hope they reopen soon! Very special place.

Back