YPF Default

^ Everything you (correctly) note above is why it's obvious that IF it happens, the Chinese will be running the show.

Unfortunately to make it come alive you need to free up imports so companies can get their equipment and cost saving technologies in country. You also need to tame the labor unions. You need to allow the import of extranjeros to train and teach locals how to use effeciences that don't exist here. You also need to provide a confidence to the investors that they can get their money out of the country or thst their investments are safe. You need to produce the oil and gas investment framework they've been talking about for two years and ultimately stick to it....You need to build and operate a railroad from the sea (where ever) so companies can get equipment and frac sands to the Vaca Muerta, this requires dealing with the trucker union. You need to provide international flights direct to Neuquén so companies can get supplies and their personnel direct to the field vs going through Eze.

These things are all counter to her government.
If all those things are needed, then Vaca Muerta is really DEAD.

Galucio with VISTA knows everything that is required after 20 years with Halliburton ...?
He's Kristinas advisor....!

It'll take people looking beyond meeting their immediate needs. Sure you won't haul ever bit by truck from BA right now but in the end you will create an entire new industry and everyone will benefit as will you. You might have to work a little more than your amazing rotational work schedules you have right now. In end it will be worth it.

Args live in the now so I understand why they wont make this work.

What rotation do they work that’s so amazing?Norway manages to be a profitable oil exporting nation and they work 2 on 4 off. If it’s even time I wouldn’t call it amazing it’s the norm in many parts of the world except perhaps North America.
And if they are on amazing rotations I want a job :)

What rotation do they work that’s so amazing?Norway manages to be a profitable oil exporting nation and they work 2 on 4 off. If it’s even time I wouldn’t call it amazing it’s the norm in many parts of the world except perhaps North America.
And if they are on amazing rotations I want a job :)

I'd call that amazing and I'd call any 1:1 amazing. I'd kill for a 6 month a year job.

Ever worked on a rig?

North Sea and Persian Gulf Offshore Oil Platforms workers operate that way . Single Offshore workers spend their time off in Thailand or European resorts..$$. Wonder what the Rotation is in the Arctic Offshore Platforms

Next thing everyone needs to accept is that there are huge differences between onshore and offshore quality of life.

Onshore is not offshore... I always though offshore guys have it much better. When you're onshore you never get away from the job. It's a 24/7 position.

Back