YPF Default

Onshore management jobs are no fun really, always on call. Some offshore workers spend their time off in Argentina...

We’re 8 weeks away and 4 off at the moment due to quarantines,

You’re probably right it will be amazing whenever we go back to our normal schedule.

Norwegian sector of the Arctic in the Barents Sea they work 4 on 2 off. Not too many rigs there though.

Next thing everyone needs to accept is that there are huge differences between onshore and offshore quality of life.

Onshore is not offshore... I always though offshore guys have it much better. When you're onshore you never get away from the job. It's a 24/7 position.

never worked offshore but i visited one of our TLPs once. i liked the experience but waking up and immediately being at work is a strange feeling.

This Corona virus is Making my life miserable. You have to keep an operation going while dealing with continually changing provincial guidance. Tracking all the cases blows and dealing with people who can't seem to stay away from each other.

Can imagine it’s a bit of a nightmare!
This Corona virus is Making my life miserable. You have to keep an operation going while dealing with continually changing provincial guidance. Tracking all the cases blows and dealing with people who can't seem to stay away from each other.

Can imagine!
Been hard on us extra long trips not knowing if your relief is coming, borders closing not knowing if/when you’re getting home etc etc

Back