Anybody else notice coffee recently not tasting good?

For my life style I want instant coffee. Nestcafe Tradition has shown up in the last few days. It is packaged in a plastic/foil type bag. 150g. I have seen it for 8800 at one store and Coto has it for 5400. When looking at Mercado Libre prices, the 5400 price starts to look okay...(a sick okay). I loaded up knowing that Coto will raise their price soon...probably to 8000+.

For my life style I want instant coffee. Nestcafe Tradition has shown up in the last few days. It is packaged in a plastic/foil type bag. 150g. I have seen it for 8800 at one store and Coto has it for 5400. When looking at Mercado Libre prices, the 5400 price starts to look okay...(a sick okay). I loaded up knowing that Coto will raise their price soon...probably to 8000+.
Last week I saw the same coffee in the local supermarket for $5,800 per 150 gr bag. Today's lowest price for one kilo of this coffee on Mercado Libre is $31.999 with free shipping. That equals a price of $4,800 per 150 gr.

I stocked up when a 170 gr frasco (glass jar) was about $1.200. At the time that was equal to $2.50 USD while the Walmart price in the US was about $4.50.

The last time I saw the 170 jars for sale on ML (earlier this year) the price was $13,000 ARS, and the cost would have been over ten USD at that time.

Last edited:
Starbucks definitely tastes differently (and not for the better) compared to the US.

I usually order "latte with heavy cream" in the US. And "latte con crema" here in Buenos Aires tastes nothing like what I get in the US.

PS: I contine to refill the glass frascos with coffee from 150 gr bags I bought at the same time.

Today's lowest 1 kg ML price of $31,999:

Starbucks definitely tastes differently (and not for the better) compared to the US.

I usually order "latte with heavy cream" in the US. And "latte con crema" here in Buenos Aires tastes nothing like what I get in the US.
The Starbucks coffee here in Buenos Aires is from......outside Argentina. Probably processed in the U.S......and grown everywhere except the moon. Starbucks coffee here is the same as the U.S. The heavy cream in your latte...well....you know what they say about Argentinian cream....it is just too................

The heavy cream in your latte...well....you know what they say about Argentinian cream...
Somehow Starbucks manages to maintain pretty much consistent taste of "latte with heavy cream" across the US. I'm failing to get anything like that in Argentina.

I know I should buy my own espresso machine but that's still in the future.

PS: I contine to refill the glass frascos with coffee from 150 gr bags I bought at the same time.

Today's lowest 1 kg ML price of $31,999:

And I buy the same coffee ...but prefer the small packages because the big one loses its freshness fast...or I think so anyway. The price will probably go down because I bought 20 packages.

Somehow Starbucks manages to maintain pretty much consistent taste of "latte with heavy cream" across the US. I'm failing to get anything like that in Argentina.

I know I should buy my own espresso machine but that's still in the future.

Starbucks here uses Brazilian coffee, which is grown at low altitude and tastes like mud.

Speaking of Starbucks, you can get 250g packs for just under $14k right now as part of Hot Sale. A little better than the $18-$20k than we’ve been seeing.

And I’ve seen ads for this company. $30k per KG of Colombian coffee with 10% off for transfer, cheaper than the cafe martinez I’ve been buying. I will order and try: https://www.timaucafe.com.ar/productos/colombia/

Back