Argentine couple amazed by Mexican supermarket

I always have a hard timing coming up with things I miss from the US when folks here ask. I say I have everything I need and everything I had in the States. The last time I was in a supermarket in the States, though, I found myself wishing the supers here had a greater variety of different products and more variety for a given product. I know, I know, some of that variety is way over the top and just unabashed materialism, but I have started to miss some of it, the variety, that is, not the materialism.

And I realize Argentina has things to offer the US never will, so my comment is not a slight on Argentina, just a personal reaction to the video.

Last edited:
Speaking of Mexican supermarkets, any suggestions on where to find Corn Tortillas in Buenos Aires?

Speaking of Mexican supermarkets, any suggestions on where to find Corn Tortillas in Buenos Aires?
Unobtainium, in my experience.
Knowing CABA, there's probably some tiny Mexican community hidden away in a dank corner of Villa Whatever that makes them by hand, but you just have to know Don Refugio...

We've been buying their corn tortillas for years now. Good quality product.
They do mainly delivery since they don't have a official store front..
The "fabrica" is located 2 blocks from Pancho 46. There is no sign. You just got to knock on the green door to the left before 14.00 and they sell them directly to you.Screenshot_20240426_071703_Maps.jpg

OK
We've been buying their corn tortillas for years now. Good quality product.
They do mainly delivery since they don't have a official store front..
The "fabrica" is located 2 blocks from Pancho 46. There is no sign. You just got to knock on the green door to the left before 14.00 and they sell them directly to you.View attachment 9732

OK, cool, glad to hear you have actually tried the product and found it good.

What is the address of this Green Door, please? and what is a Pancho 46? :)

Back