How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

n
This truly is something that those who are planning to move to Argentina to live and are willing to and/or think they need to pay for private health insurance should be aware of, as well as what to expect regarding rentals.

Hopefully some of these aging expat wannabes will be able to do what I have done and skip the private insurance, which is what I have done for the past ten years as well as not pay rent, something which I have not done for the past seventen years, all whille my monthly income never exceeded $1000 USD,,,but I kinda doubt it.
Well...some of us aging wannabes....or just plain aging....are not as smart as you.

This truly is something that those who are planning to move to Argentina to live and are willing to and/or think they need to pay for private health insurance should be aware of, as well as what to expect regarding rentals.

Hopefully some of these aging expat wannabes will be able to do what I have done and skip the private insurance, which is what I have done for the past ten years as well as not pay rent, something which I have not done for the past seventen years, all whille my monthly income never exceeded $1000 USD,,,but I kinda doubt it.
You have been very resourceful but you entered Argentina when conditions were different. Property values are a lot higher now, income requirements for visas are a lot higher and it seems that medical care costs are going to be substantially higher. Dealing with the public health care system is not going to appeal to a lot of expat retirees - and there might be changes in how public health care is managed. With the almost certainly higher overall COL, Argentina isn't going to be as attractive to expat retirees. I predict a good number are going to start leaving. Not only those 65+ but those younger who will see fewer advantages.

Same here, we also have OSDE and it’s been increasing by about 10% a month for over a year. The silence from them after the election is ominous.
I just got my bill for January from OSDE, it’s only an 11.5% increase on the previous month.

Just got the new bill from OSDE. It's an 11% increase, compared to last month, which is the usual.

I just received an email from OSDE that a 39.6% increase is coming for the bill that will be due in mid February 2024. I also received a 11% increase for the bill due in mid January 2024.

I just received an email from OSDE that a 39.6% increase is coming for the bill that will be due in mid February 2024. I also received a 11% increase for the bill due in mid January 2024.
Wow BA Expats is fast 😃 thanks @ArgentinaVet, the email from OSDE just arrived, and it’s the same as yours (well, 39.8% for me).

Sancor Salud, 2 adults, in our 30s, 41.86% increase in January, 29.50% in February. Currently paying $75/month, going to $106/month in January, will be $137.82 in February.

Back