Is the Milei "Transformation" Failing Already?

OK, this one looks like serious business, although I'm not sure it has anything to do with Milei. Oil and gas are businesses everywhere, even in active war zones...

Regarding your company that didn't like Argentinian business environment, not every company is for every market. If you want sweat shop, you won't place it in France, but probably in Bangladesh. If you are depending on projects, you might consider a country with very flexible workforce. And about strikes, check France or Germany, Argentina might look like capitalistic heaven comparing to those.

I understand we have different backgrounds, and some things appear outrageous to some, but you need to see the whole picture. While something works in usa, it might not in other country, and implementing labour laws from the states might bring unwanted consequences, outweighing the good it would bring into economy.
OK, this one looks like serious business, although I'm not sure it has anything to do with Milei. Oil and gas are businesses everywhere, even in active war zones...

Regarding your company that didn't like Argentinian business environment, not every company is for every market. If you want sweat shop, you won't place it in France, but probably in Bangladesh. If you are depending on projects, you might consider a country with very flexible workforce. And about strikes, check France or Germany, Argentina might look like capitalistic heaven comparing to those.

I understand we have different backgrounds, and some things appear outrageous to some, but you need to see the whole picture. While something works in usa, it might not in other country, and implementing labour laws from the states might bring unwanted consequences, outweighing the good it would bring into economy.
I don’t know any international oil and gas companies who invest in war zones ? Please clarify. State oil and gas companies perhaps but not like those who are investing in Argentina thanks to Milei policies

I see the Milei-apologists and the "ah pero Alberto" brigade are in full cry here. There have been quite a few occasions when Alberto would have been better advised to STFU, but if you have to go back to 2017 to find a post to compare to the exhausting, almost nightly shitposting and trolling by our toddler-president, then you've lost the argument.

This is a more nuanced discussion of the "Brazilians from the jungle" topic, for which Alberto seems to have apologised: https://www-perfil-com.translate.go...es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es-419&_x_tr_pto=wapp

It might be racist, but it's probably the self-view of most porteños.

Neuquén basin operators plan collective spend of $9 billion in 2024​

More Milei incentives

OK, so investment in 2024 is expected to be $9 billion compared to $8 billion in 2023. And this is some huge validation of our toddler-president (ignoring the fact that investment decisions like this are taken months in advance). That's a bit underwhelming.

And 3 months in power is enough to credit Milei with saving the Neuquén basin but "pretending like Argentina could be turned around in 3 months is ridiculous." Right... 🤡

Oh, and about the ENEL thing, the "deregulation" proposed and implemented so far is just to free prices, which with the current monopoly each company has in its respective area, have only one way to go: up. Of course ENEL (and their shareholders) love this. A properly designed regulatory program, taking account of consumers' interests, would include an element of competition... but if you're 5 hours on X every night that part isn't going to get much attention.

I see the Milei-apologists and the "ah pero Alberto" brigade are in full cry here. There have been quite a few occasions when Alberto would have been better advised to STFU, but if you have to go back to 2017 to find a post to compare to the exhausting, almost nightly shitposting and trolling by our toddler-president, then you've lost the argument.

This is a more nuanced discussion of the "Brazilians from the jungle" topic, for which Alberto seems to have apologised: https://www-perfil-com.translate.go...es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es-419&_x_tr_pto=wapp

It might be racist, but it's probably the self-view of most porteños.

I'm not apologizing for Milei. He's an unstable personality who shit posts on Twitter. Would it better that he didn't shit post and troll? Yes. Has some of it been inappropriate? Yes.

You won't find me apologizing and linking to an article saying what Milei said isn't really that bad because it's in xyz context, and porteños are racists too.

I'm pointing out the selective outrage that K supporters exhibit. This goes beyond the white supremacy and misogyny of Alberto.

There are a lot of people in the K political movement that have said homophobic, racist, misogynistic, anti semitic things and no one seems to be upset by it.

I'm not apologizing for Milei. He's an unstable personality who shit posts on Twitter. Would it better that he didn't shit post and troll? Yes. Has some of it been inappropriate? Yes.

You won't find me apologizing and linking to an article saying what Milei said isn't really that bad because it's in xyz context, and porteños are racists too.

I'm pointing out the selective outrage that K supporters exhibit. This goes beyond the white supremacy and misogyny of Alberto.

There are a lot of people in the K political movement that have said homophobic, racist, misogynistic, anti semitic things and no one seems to be upset by it.
“Despite what little time has passed, we are seeing with concern the deep impact some of their policies have had on people’s rights and lives,” said Mariela Belski, executive director of Amnesty International Argentina. “This administration takes the economic impoverishment of a large portion of society and adds a new model of leadership with no consensus and constant violence. Thus, the interest of public debate becomes confrontation, hatred, and fighting.”

Nobody said it was going to be easy and it wouldnt get worse before it gets better. Give him time please......The change needed in Argentina doesnt happen overnight and comes free of all costs. That said he does need to be a bit less confrontational......it would help.

It's been 3 months. You expect an economy to change around instantly? That's not how it works. Plus many of his policy ideas are held up in congress.

Milei is an unstable and eccentric personality. He was elected because things got so miserable under JxC and the Ks that they voted for a libertarian. It's a reaction to the desperation brought by the political class.

If Milei is able to get his ideas implemented, and if they are implemented, how will they play out over the next couple of years is yet to be seen. He could very well be a failure over the long term, but pretending like Argentina could be turned around in 3 months is ridiculous.

I just find it amusing that the K supporters who were silent about Alberto's racism and misogyny are now all of a sudden outraged because Milei liked a down syndrome tweet.
I am referring specifically to his tweets which are of the same caliber as Alberto's, Cristina's, etc ad nauseum. More of the same. Afa being a K supporter, hah! Is everything black or white with you guys? It's tiresome and superficial. We should hold everyone to the same standard and not give people a pass simply because they beat the other side. On the contrary, if the person one is rooting for shits the bed they should be criticized all the more rather than making excuses or whataboutisms.

I am referring specifically to his tweets which are of the same caliber as Alberto's, Cristina's, etc ad nauseum. More of the same. Afa being a K supporter, hah! Is everything black or white with you guys? It's tiresome and superficial. We should hold everyone to the same standard and not give people a pass simply because they beat the other side. On the contrary, if the person one is rooting for shits the bed they should be criticized all the more rather than making excuses or whataboutisms.
Milei has the charisma and economic philosophy to be successful and turn the country around. Forget about all the social media nonsense and look at the results. That’s what counts not somebodies post on Twitter

I got caught in the memory day/communist protest today. These people ran over people in the San Telmo Market (tourists and locals not participating) and in moments there was hardly an escape. The leftist/commies demonstrated force and violence. Milei will not last with these brain dead dependents. They love the government tit, and they will blame everyone else, steal from anyone they can, and call it justice. They are a sick and disgusting bunch of people.

I got caught in the memory day/communist protest today. These people ran over people in the San Telmo Market (tourists and locals not participating) and in moments there was hardly an escape. The leftist/commies demonstrated force and violence. Milei will not last with these brain dead dependents. They love the government tit, and they will blame everyone else, steal from anyone they can, and call it justice. They are a sick and disgusting bunch of people.
i saw them all milling around in La Plata Saturday. I did think it was notable that even the other leftists were keeping way away from the guys with the communist flags.

If this does get passed, it will do a lot to clamp down on the shitlibs and their scummy tactics.

Back