Is the Milei "Transformation" Failing Already?

I am a US citizen, and vote, online from Argentina when I am here, in Washington State elections. I would call myself center left, a Social Democrat, although over the years I have voted for liberal Republicans (we used to have those in Washington State) as well as center right democrats like Jimmy Carter.
One of the things I like about Argentina is that they are not restricted to a two party system.
Certainly everybody to the left of Milei (which is almost everybody- there is no libertarian party in Argentina) is not a "K".
If I lived here, my guess is I would have voted for Myriam Bregman, not Alberto.
I know Argentines to the left of Milei who love Cristina, who hate her, who think she was the least objectionable choice, and a dozen other views.
Its kind of like asking 4 argentines about the best pizza- you get a half hour argument and 5 answers.

I think part of my viewpoint comes from the fact that I grew up in a political family in the USA, my mother ran for elected office starting in about 1970, and was a well known feminist democratic politician at the State level, and a Superior Court Judge. I was involved in campaigns, and personal friends with a variety of politicians since I was about 15. I also, in my career, worked with government employees, as well as elected and appointed officials around the USA, and knowing all those people personally, of many different political opinions, I know that politics is about compromise, and that there are no black hats or white hats.
I think Christina did a lot of good things, some bad things, and was not a perfect human.
I am dubious that in the long run Milei will have a similar record, but time will tell.
I would consdier myself in the middle too. On the right of the left wing andon the left of the right wing. Too much of radicalism on either side is a bad thing for the country.

I would consdier myself in the middle too. On the right of the left wing andon the left of the right wing. Too much of radicalism on either side is a bad thing for the country.
We are getting somewhere here :) I hope Milei too will start to go with policies that he can implement, and are needed, without unnecessary historical divide.

We are getting somewhere here :) I hope Milei too will start to go with policies that he can implement, and are needed, without unnecessary historical divide.
My personal opinion, without wishing to trigger or offend anyone, is that governance is necessary. After all, for better or for worse, we have a fairly elected president (for all that he sought to cast aspersions on the electoral process). My concern is that we're not seeing governance, it's a continuous shitstorm on the platform formerly known as Twitter, with the most basic decisions missed.

My personal opinion, without wishing to trigger or offend anyone, is that governance is necessary. After all, for better or for worse, we have a fairly elected president (for all that he sought to cast aspersions on the electoral process). My concern is that we're not seeing governance, it's a continuous shitstorm on the platform formerly known as Twitter, with the most basic decisions missed.
Unfortunately or not, Milei does not have any political experience so I guess he is learning as he goes. Hopefully he succeeds

i wish the the best for argentina and milei. a repeat of trump tactics is hard on the eyes and ears. he continues to play to individual groups that will forgive his past transgressions regardless of his criminal activities. pro life, right wing extremists, religious, the list goes on. milei’s propensity for using twitter is disturbing. remember trump has no conscience and no morality, loves putin and want to be a dictator. he will say anything to hold on to power. i hope milei has loftier goals. peace out

Give him the time he needs to transform the mess he was left by his predecessors.

President Javier Milei expressed that the Government has various reasons for optimism. He highlighted positive survey data despite the severe economic recession and asserted that Argentina will experience a robust economic recovery once the stocks are opened. In addition, the President stated that although 70% of Argentines acknowledge their current struggles, there is an essential factor to consider. He mentioned that at the beginning of their mandate in December, only 20% of Argentines believed that their country would see improvement in the next six months and now it is growing.

Last edited:
logical, but too much to ask for many people here. quite interesting that more are believing they will see improvement though.

logical, but too much to ask for many people here. quite interesting that more are believing they will see improvement though.
Of course the left wing media will always look for the negative side and focus on that rather than provide unbiased commentary

Of course the left wing media will always look for the negative side and focus on that rather than provide unbiased commentary
And Now Javier Milei will meet with Elon Musk in Austin (Texas) after receiving a distinction from the Jewish community of Miami for his political outlook and his defense of the State of Israel that fights the Hamas terrorist group in the Gaza Strip. The meeting will take place on Friday, April 12 at the Tesla factory and its objective is to achieve investments from Musk in Argentina linked to the automotive industry and global communications.

More investments coming to Argertina? Transform the auto industry and grow an export business? Crest jobs for Argentinians ? Yeah …..vamos Milei

Back