Residential Housing noise ordinance?

Tks Nikad. this morning the drilling is non stop for the last 2 hours

On a prior location I lived was above a Major clothing store that had 2 huge AC units . When the AC was on, during the day, created a very strong vibration, that made the windows vibrate.

To make it short, a city inspector came and dictated that the noise emission was below the permissible levels for a fixed source, allowed during 7 am to 22 pm...! Noise and vibrations are not the same. Well, the City Regulations couldn't asses the difference.

regulations don't know the difference.

I had a similar situation with demolition next door for 4 weeks plus. They kept saying just one more day lol. But as it was mentioned the noise could be masked with air plugs and music, but the vibration was so much worse than the noise. Even my Argentine neighbors lost it. I ended up leaving and I am very reluctant to buy a place for this reason.

I had a similar situation with demolition next door for 4 weeks plus. They kept saying just one more day lol. But as it was mentioned the noise could be masked with air plugs and music, but the vibration was so much worse than the noise. Even my Argentine neighbors lost it. I ended up leaving and I am very reluctant to buy a place for this reason.
I hear some Airbnb tenants have refused to stay in a place that has annoying construction noises .....!

PD: The Buenos Aires Government Control Agency (AGC) indicated that a tenant cannot generate annoying noises outside of these days and times: Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., and on Saturdays, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. that there are very few who respect this kind of "norm of coexistence", which in practice is not punished either.
It must be old information (date reads 2010) because currently the Buenos Aires City Government page reads

• Las Obras en Construcción, cualquiera sea su etapa, deben ejecutarse dentro del horario comprendido de 7 a 19hs, de lunes a viernes, y de 8 a 13 hs los sábados.

It must be old information (date reads 2010) because currently the Buenos Aires City Government page reads
Empirical, but it's been more like 7 to 21, 7 days a week from my experience in different buildings, I think most people just don't bother to complain.

And to answer OP's question:

- Try talking to the neighbors first, even if via the super instead of getting the city involved
- Some buildings have "horas de descanso" in the middle of the day too, but this varies by building and isn't universal

Back