Tech Giant With 30,000 Employees Has No Return-to-Office Policy

Telecom Personal, with 21k employees according to its website, also has no return-to-office policy, several of their various buildings around CABA are for sale (including, I believe, the one in Puerto Madero).

For my teen/adult life until 2020 I always worked in person and never really thought of WFH being a thing until COVID. I ended up changing careers, and started working in tech during the pandemic, and have done so since, and the consensus from my colleagues/peers is that RTO is just company's way to fire people without doing so directly because nobody that has made the switch is willing to go back.

You'd have to pay me a 60%+ premium to go work in person, Monday to Friday 9 to 5. I've been to my clients' offices in CABA and the "magic" from being in person is bullshit - when I worked in person all I wanted was to be left alone so I could work, and while I still have days with endless meetings on Zoom, I now work a schedule I want, from home, with my husband and cats, and even take siestas if I want to/go out for lunch/do chores/etc.

All the people who want RTO seem to be C Suite and higher people whose job requires them to look busy, or do nothing except stress out their underlinings, I've yet to meet a single person who said remote/WFH wasn't for them/they wanted to work in person, it's all just pissed holding companies worried about taking a bath on empty glass skyscrapers.

Back