Who has left or is planning to leave?

manolo. i spend time
in medellin. i dont like that i have to drive. my wife is from there. great people and very kind. if your thinking about venezuela, visit santa marta colombia. next to venezuela on the caribe and very affordable. i plan to buy a place there. 100,000 10th floor on the water. must walk a km to the store but small price.
Are you referring to Santa Marta itself or are you talking about Rodadero ( re property )?

Little by little...Argentina will survive this...least that's what I'm hoping. Paige55

Argentina always survives. I was here in 2001 when there was a curfew so no one was allowed to be on the streets after 10pm. A president lasted a few months before another one was in office and then another one, etc. Piles of garbage were set on fire in the middle of avenues. I had been here for a short time then, but I never gave a thought to returning to Chicago.

The concert I attended tonight was the highlight of my day. Name another city in the world where you have the possibility of attending a free concert every night of the week for nine months of the year.

Little by little...Argentina will survive this...least that's what I'm hoping. Paige55

Argentina always survives. I was here in 2001 when there was a curfew so no one was allowed to be on the streets after 10pm. A president lasted a few months before another one was in office and then another one, etc. Piles of garbage were set on fire in the middle of avenues. I had been here for a short time then, but I never gave a thought to returning to Chicago.

The concert I attended tonight was the highlight of my day. Name another city in the world where you have the possibility of attending a free concert every night of the week for nine months of the year.
i believe at least one of the presidents lasted a couple of days.

Worthy of the Guinness Book of Records?​

How Argentina Had Five Presidents in 12 Days ...

View attachment 9737
HistoryVille
https://www.thehistoryville.com › ... › America

Dec 22, 2022 — De La Rua, Puerta, Rodriguez Saá, Camaño and Duhalde. That makes five presidents between December 21, 2001, and January 2, 2002.
Argentina beat the U.K. here who only managed 3 in 7 weeks

What's tragic is Argentina has the fundamentals to be the best country on earth to live in in this age of chaos and conflict. Abundant natural resources, far out of harm's way, vibrant culture, wide open spaces . . .

If it could only learn to manage its affairs and give up a lifestyle of corruption and entitlement and get to work creating real wealth in the form of goods and services its true potential could be realized.

Argentina has two big advantages over some of the countries mentioned:

1) There is always a place in Argentina - no matter what time of year - where the weather is great.
2) Immigration is very relaxed.

Compare this to Thailand, which is hot and humid 365 days a year. Also you need to make visa runs every 30 days and/or spend a lot of time at the immigration office.

What's tragic is Argentina has the fundamentals to be the best country on earth to live in in this age of chaos and conflict. Abundant natural resources, far out of harm's way, vibrant culture, wide open spaces . . .

If it could only learn to manage its affairs and give up a lifestyle of corruption and entitlement and get to work creating real wealth in the form of goods and services its true potential could be realized.
If only....

In a world Changing at warp speed it is not wise to resist the change, refuse to re-evaluate and bury head in sand. The overwhelming majority are not packing YET but preparing Plan B. We all wish to hear love songs, but
PS: If and when it becomes dangerous to walk home alone from the grocery store in Capital Federal, I imagine some expats might wish they had already left.

I'm excluding all of Europe form my plan. (You can refuse to hear or see the opening salvos of WWIII ,,, good for you ,,,, your own risk).

Last edited:
Back