Recent content by dlish

  1. D

    How families in Milei's Argentina sank deep into debt

    Can someone help you fix it the connected way … ie gift the right guy $2,000,000 to make the problem disappear?
  2. D

    Three possible paths to Argentina’s 2027 election

    Silly article. We all know he’s getting re-elected (whether we want it or not)
  3. D

    Dual citizenship allowed?

    Of course the US allows dual citizenship. But it affects your SS payments. SSA specifically says that citizenship is relevant to payments made outside the U.S. because: U.S. citizens generally aren’t subject to the “alien nonpayment” rules that can restrict payments to non-U.S. citizens...
  4. D

    Argentina is better than Australia

    I was born in Sydney and grew up there and live in BA now. I adore BA for many reasons but the claim that “Buenos Aires is a vastly more beautiful city physically than Sydney” is objectively nonsense, as is the “Buenos Aires its cleaner than good areas of Sydney” - do you not see the dog poop...
  5. D

    No DNI - ATM withdraws with QR Code - Better than Blue Rate

    You still had to enter passport info though, correct? Instead of DNI (ie, its not anonymous)
  6. D

    Recent experience ordering from Amazon

    I did a few weeks ago. Books. Came after two weeks, all good
  7. D

    Argentina records negative foreign investment for the first time in over two decades

    Nobody sells a wildly profitable company. It’s a lot more likely the companies just aren’t very profitable.
  8. D

    U.S. to make hundreds of millions on Milei win

    Milei won by a large amount that nobody expected yet it’s only dipped to 1420. That’s less than I thought. (the news projected last week a dip to 1250-ish if he’d win) we may be back at 1500 next week
  9. D

    Midterm election results

    Sent $1000 via WU to myself this morning and got rate at 1545. Was actually able to pick up the cash just now and so tried a second transfer right after but it’s now adjusted down to the 1420 rate plus fees.
  10. D

    Midterm election results

    Milei did it again. 100% saved by Donnie’s moneyhose. Hopes of a cheaper peso out the window … the cheap times for expats are gone for good
  11. D

    The Friday before Sunday

    I changed yesterday at 1540! Was great!
  12. D

    Argentina’s AI opportunity

    These announcements exist to keep the AI hype bubble up. I don’t believe for one second this project is going to materialize.
  13. D

    Argentina’s peso could tumble post-election, warns Morgan Stanley

    Don’t threaten me with a good time 😆
  14. D

    Cost of living in Argentina for foreigners improving?

    I think the opposite is true - you need to be a local to navigate the endless ups and downs and twists and turns of the economy here
  15. D

    Cost of living in Argentina for foreigners improving?

    If you come across this again please post it, in case I buy furniture. Thx.
Back
Top