Recent content by USAtoBA

  1. USAtoBA

    Healthcare 2026, what's everyone using these days?

    It's been awhile since this has been discussed based on my search I personally have no health issues, no meds, etc I have Geoblue but that doesn't cover me after 70 days. I have healthcare in USA through my former employer and I'm a part of the Italian network as well w dual citizenship, so...
  2. USAtoBA

    How long does your dental cleanings take here?

    Thanks for the reply.
  3. USAtoBA

    How long does your dental cleanings take here?

    My dentist was done in 5 minutes, 10 tops today. Only scaled a few of the lower teeth. I floss brush blah blah blah very regularly and take good care of my teeth, he said everything looked good. Is it normal to be that quick? 100,000 pesos lesson learned either way. Thanks.
  4. USAtoBA

    What's your favorite Malbec that you can't find easily in the USA?

    Hi expat friends, I am heading back to the US for a week in the next month or so, I want to bring some friends and family a bottle that they can't find in Total Wine. None of them are big wine drinkers, so I don't need anything too fancy, and I don't want to spend $100 a bottle, because I'm...
  5. USAtoBA

    Your favorite beach lake or ocean? Bonus question, diving Argentina?

    Hey expat friends, Summer is around the corner, it's a bit odd for me now living so close to the ocean, and not knowing where I'm going to swim. I know Buenos Aires proper, isn't the best, so where do you like to travel besides La Plata, any other really good beach towns, that are swimmable...
  6. USAtoBA

    Rentista Precaria, only 30 days now every time?

    I'll try to sweet talk them maybe into a longer one w travel receipts next time. Thanks for your reply.
  7. USAtoBA

    Rentista Precaria, only 30 days now every time?

    Hi Expat friends, I had my 4th precaria renewal this week. They only gave me 30 days again, I have some 2-3 week international travel planned and it's gonna effect even with the 10 day renewal window. They said I could come two days before the trip with my flight info and everything should be...
  8. USAtoBA

    Discount with credit card? Fake news?

    Some people told me it's true in CABA, I'm in Monte Grande and have traveled now to 5 or 6 provinces, it's been the complete opposite. True in CABA? If so any good spots? Before moving here the only time I ever paid cash was at crowded bars and tipping people. It would be nice to rack up points...
  9. USAtoBA

    Text nightmares

    Google voice works for all my banks except wells Fargo. The 2FA code someone mentioned. I've heard some people use Tello which I'm not familiar with but should look into. I'm paying for two phones and the US one I only use once a week.
  10. USAtoBA

    Receiving mail from Europe 2026 (books)

    Update to my own post, I just checked the official dates, July 11th. I placed the order, the book's actually showed up today! No need to go to the post office or explain anything to customs. But once again these are just books.
  11. USAtoBA

    Receiving mail from Europe 2026 (books)

    Looks like the last topic on this was a few years ago, so let's do a 2026 version. I ordered a few books off eBay from Italy, not too expensive, and I fully realized they may never come here, but has anybody been successful in getting mail or books from another country? Should I go to the...
  12. USAtoBA

    Anyone renewed a precaria online lately? Aug 2026

    I went today, arrived a little before opening and waited about 90 minutes. They let me renew but only for a month. They told me I need my September bank statement come back in September blah blah.... Wish we could do more things online. Anyway, thanks as always for the help from all here.
  13. USAtoBA

    Anyone renewed a precaria online lately? Aug 2026

    Hi expat friends, My lawyers tried to renew my precaria online last month, it still says it is under review. So it has been under review for over a month. They called me today and said I will likely have to go in person to renew it. Anyone else had experience at this? It's a bit...
  14. USAtoBA

    Your experiences with Paula Carello / Lux Brumalis?

    I am currently using Paula, there were times where she was slow to respond, but it had nothing to do with my process so I wasn't too worried. It wasn't delaying it or anything. Overall her and her team have done a good job so far. I hired her in March? Can't exactly recall when. Arrived here...
  15. USAtoBA

    What's a good dark roast coffee at home here?

    A little less important than my other post today, home chronic coffee drinkers, which whole Bean do you like? I French pressed my coffee so can't do the molido. Everything I've been buying in my town, is okay, but looking for a bit better. I like it opaque like super opaque. Strong, full body...
Back
Top