100% digital banking in Argentina?

Kula

Registered
Hola gente! My situation is the following: I have argentinian income. I used to use BNA because it was the only bank that had office near where I lived(in Argentina).
Right now BNA blocked my card (Im abroad so I dont know did they block it only for abroad or everywhere) and they don`t respond. I first thoought I use wrong ATM or smthg, but now Im sure they blocked me. I need some account to receive my payments in Argentina but it should be bank with whom I can interact 100% online (and that it will not take YEARS). Is it possible? Which bank it should be? I saw some Cuenta DNI thing is it legit?

I have brubank. Was able to do everything online. Been working OK so far. App and online banking is lightyears ahead of bbva.

Right now BNA blocked my card (Im abroad so I dont know did they block it only for abroad or everywhere) and they don`t respond.

Isn't there still a limit of 200 USD (or an equivalent) if you withdraw money in currency different from Argentinean pesos?

if you take cash out I think so, but you can use your pesos abroad, just you'll pay the solidarity tax or whatever it's called. that's my understanding at least

if you take cash out I think so, but you can use your pesos abroad, just you'll pay the solidarity tax or whatever it's called. that's my understanding at least
I think they closed all the loopholes by now. So, this 200 USD limit applies to purchases as well.

I have brubank. Was able to do everything online.

Brubank has an excellent mobile app, but no web client. You can receive Western Union transfers to Brubank account.
However, Brubank doesn't have any concept of international wire transfer whatsoever. Also, there is no option to withdraw USD directly (you can transfer them to another bank account).

After the pandemic many brick-and-mortar banks open accounts online. Almost everything is done online or via ATMs anyway these days.

Regarding thread starter's question, most likely you are hitting 200 USD limit, but BNA does not care to explain it to you. Wait until May 1st and try to withdraw some money then.

I think they closed all the loopholes by now. So, this 200 USD limit applies to purchases as well.
They definitely have NOT closed that loophole. For buying stuff in the US with your card, you are only subject to the limits of the card itself. My bank seems to get grumpy around $800.

Wilobank is another option, though I have not used them. But I have Brubank and can vouch for them.

My bank seems to get grumpy around $800.
Which one? I guess, some banks may be more restrictive than others.

Wilobank is another option, though I have not used them. But I have Brubank and can vouch for them.
Wilobank seems to have unlimited free ATM withdrawals on Links network. Their web interface is functional, but strange. It looks like right after you log in they beg you to close your account to check how easy it can be done. Wilobank was bought by UALA a year ago.

I was spending abroad more then 200/month for several months straight. And in April I`ve spent 0 and when I tried it didnt seem to work nowhere. Its interesting point why they started to apply this limit now(if we assume that they did)

I think it is very simple to bank 100% digitally in Argentina provided that cryptocurrencies are used as a bridge to the desired format (unless you just want pesos or withdrawals from ATMs at the official rate). The holy trinity here would be a bank, MercadoPago, and Lemon Cash. The bank and mercadopago can pay the bills. All three can receive pesos, while one has the power to be spent in the exterior as dollars and/or sent abroad to a foreign exchange for a foreign currency.

Back