110V Appliances

AlanM

Registered
I expect to come back to Argentina at some point, and I'm going to bring some applicances (TV, PS3, Bluray Player, Router) and I want to know where you guys bought voltage converters for your appliances.

Thanks!

Double check your electronics. Most are dual voltage. All you may need is an plug adaptors not converters. They do sell the at Amazon.com

It's really uncommon for a new piece of technology today to work only in 110v. All devices have a piece of information in the back or bottom where it should say something like this (input 110-240v), meaning, it will work here and in the US too.

IMG_1844x.JPG

You will probably only need an adapter like this one to change the type of plug (NEMA 1–15 to AS-3112, aka as, "this two parallel thingys to these other obliques things")

IMG_1845x.JPG

I think I paid those around 4 pesos in a hardware store, really cheap and usefull.

Cheers

Yes, I concur with cbonanni. In the last year it has changed and if you subscribe to Fibretel your tv should be ok

Alan:
If your TV is from Canada or USA it will not work here at all. Different tuner standard.

Cable TV uses NTSC. DVD rentals are mostly NTSC and Region 0 (no region). Only open TV - who watches it? - requires PAL N and a special Tuner for Free, todos y todas, HD propaganda.

Gaming consoles in Argentina are exclusively NTSC so your US/Canada TV will work like a charm.

Voltage convertors are available in most Electrician and / or Electronics shops (most neighbors have them) and the ones with 3 outlets will efficiently cover most electronics appliances needs.

+9.jpg

It's really uncommon for a new piece of technology today to work only in 110v. All devices have a piece of information in the back or bottom where it should say something like this (input 110-240v), meaning, it will work here and in the US too.

IMG_1844x.JPG

You will probably only need an adapter like this one to change the type of plug (NEMA 1–15 to AS-3112, aka as, "this two parallel thingys to these other obliques things")

IMG_1845x.JPG

I think I paid those around 4 pesos in a hardware store, really cheap and usefull.

Cheers
Hi. were did you by that 2nd?
Thanks!

Back