18 Years Old, In 7 Months I'm On My Own

UBA ups:

- Totally 100% free, you wont have a mortage to pay
- Good level
- Nice people

UBA downs:

- The degree, if you make it on time, lasts 6 years minimum
- Bureaucracy
- Low quality infrastructure (although economics might not be the case)
- Lots of strikes

You forgot the most important about UBA ups:

girls, tons of girls.

UPDATE #2

BIG thanks to sleslie23 for the advice on converting my transcript/diploma from the US to the Argentine versions. I emailed my dean from high school and will have my 2 documents picked up by my sister this week (I am lucky that some family still lives there). From there, this should be the process

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](Minnesota)[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]1: Receive hard copies of transcript and diploma (w/ signatures from the school)[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]2: Have the documents notarized by a Minnesota Public Notary[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]3: Have Authenticated by my Secretary of State office[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]3.5: Possibly visit the Argentine Embassy in the US because I see this mentioned:[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Consulado argentino o Apostilla de la Haya en el país donde fue extendida la documentación.[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]4: Mail documents via fedex to BsAs[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)](Buenos Aires)[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]1: Have documents translated by a public translator at [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Uriburu 950 Planta Baja - Oficina Nº[/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]2:[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]2: Take the documents to the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of the Interior and have them legalized[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]3: Send an email to [email protected] with scans of the documents and my personal info[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]4: Recieve a call or letter in the mail from the department to organize a meeting[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]5: Go to meeting w/ documents (and copies) in the office at Montevideo 950 PB[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]6: Organize testing times with the depatment[/background]
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]7: Ace the tests and move on to registration for the CBC in 2016 [/background] :D

As Bajo said. You're ok. No need to make a trip to US Embassy.

SoS of MN just needs to know the document(s) is to be presented in Argentina. Sounds like you have it under control but if you have any MN specific questions--feel free to PM me. I'm from Twin Cities. I have needed docs for permanent residency and citizenship here for my wife, kids and me.

Hey! I'm from MN too and am moving to BA in June. I'm 21 and moving for a job but we should chat!

Is it true that in Texas you can pass math by scoring a goal against the wildcats?

People here are surprised about not having their high school degree recognized here... High school is just 4 years in the US and in the US you have subjects such as singing, lumberjacking, dilly-dally and tip-tap. All of the people who I talked about with and who have a certain degree of experience as to this subject (such as researchers who work in the US, high school students taking one year abroad in the US, professionals who moved to the US) all said that high schools in the US provide a much lower level of classical "culture" as we know it (literature, math, history, geography, science, etc.)

Serfina your racism is fragrant: history and geography are bigoted hate-filled subjects that have been replaced decades ago by the more correct social sciences

Lumberjacking and Tip Tap subjects are culturally relevant community-affirming activities that boost the adolescent's social skills, high school's only goal.

And the real reason American school diplomas are not recognized in Argentina is because an American education does not (yet) include UBA-vital subjects such as civics and the nature of sovereignty of the state over the individual, or the super important Malouines War. there are some pre-requisites to having the honor of receiving a free education with no intellectual strings attached by UBA.

Some universities in the US reach higher excellence, but I am not sure the OP is aiming to top notch education or just wants to get a degree. I still don't understand how a parent could tell his/her child he won't be no longer supporting him/her when he wants to pursue a degree. This should be encouraged, not treated like something done against everyone's else support.
Trans-Apine Lutheran logic, difficult to grasp and definitely not worth the effort. Probably not related to education at all but to money management.

As Bajo said. You're ok. No need to make a trip to US Embassy.

SoS of MN just needs to know the document(s) is to be presented in Argentina. Sounds like you have it under control but if you have any MN specific questions--feel free to PM me. I'm from Twin Cities. I have needed docs for permanent residency and citizenship here for my wife, kids and me.

Which Twin Cities? Trick question for Midwesterners.

Back