18 Years Old, In 7 Months I'm On My Own

UPDATE #7

Not a big update. Just gathering my study materials for the test in December. If anyone is interested, I can post copies/scans online.

I talked with a colleague of my dad's, an Argentine public accountant, and I was advised to look into a private school like UCA. It's not free, but still cheaper than the Uni's in the US. It's also organized with a 4 year plan on the degree. Finally, the campus is located in Puerto Madero. This means that I can work in the city and not have to commute an hour outside (unlike some private uni's here).
To mix catholicism and science is not always easy in some disciplines . In the other hand, multnational Perez Companc used to take lawyers only fron UCA

Well, after going to the ministry and school 4 times total, 2 with my native girlfirend- a med student in UBA, I have a feeling that I haven't misheard anyone on the topic. The anecdotes from other expats are "years ago" and not 100% in my situation. Both the high school and ministry have told me that there were 6 materials, and now 3. Documents + Test = Diploma.

For most current informaion (though still a few months old), I was given these links
http://estatico.buenosaires.gov.ar/areas/educacion/gestion_privada/docs/guia-alumn-extr.pdf
http://eter.com.ar/Guia%20tramites%20utiles%20para%20extranjeros.pdf

According to the link you provided countries sin convenio are required to take exams on the following subjects:
"Las materias que se deben rendir son; Lengua, Lengua y Literatura, Geografía, Historia, Instrucción Cívica, y Educación Cívica." 6 subjects; the same as when I did it not too long ago. They assigned me to a high school and gave me a few months to study on my own before taking the the exams. It wasn't as easy as I had expected. For example, I had to study 3 years worth of Argentine history for one exam. I was advised to take two or three tests at a time during summer vacation and that I had until I finished college to complete the convalidación de escuela media.

According to the link you provided countries sin convenio are required to take exams on the following subjects:
"Las materias que se deben rendir son; Lengua, Lengua y Literatura, Geografía, Historia, Instrucción Cívica, y Educación Cívica." 6 subjects; the same as when I did it not too long ago. They assigned me to a high school and gave me a few months to study on my own before taking the the exams. It wasn't as easy as I had expected. For example, I had to study 3 years worth of Argentine history for one exam. I was advised to take two or three tests at a time during summer vacation and that I had until I finished college to complete the convalidación de escuela media.

Ughh. We covered this already. The process has changed within the past few months. For countries without agreements, you must pass 3 exams in August or December to have your title for next year. Nothing more.

Ughh. We covered this already. The process has changed within the past few months. For countries without agreements, you must pass 3 exams in August or December to have your title for next year. Nothing more.

I understand. You shouldn't post an old link then.

To mix catholicism and science is not always easy in some disciplines . In the other hand, multnational Perez Companc used to take lawyers only fron UCA

It's easier than mixing evangelicalism and science, though.

Hi [background=rgb(230, 230, 230)]MnParaPalermo,[/background]
Kudos on your plan going on well. Perhaps you might also want to consider a shorter program, a Terciario.
http://www.estudios.com.ar/instituciones-instituto-terciario.html

That might help you to obtain a better paying job faster, so then you can pay your university level studies or cover your expenses if you so choose.

regards.

UPDATE #8

It's been awhile everybody! Back in the US for a few more days.. I now have my diploma and transcript with apostilles. Also getting fingerprints done tomorrow. I will have those shipped down after I go back to BsAs.

Any other documents that I should bring back?

Back