2 peso notes are being made illegal?

It caught me by surprise as well that the 2 peso note will soon be worthless. Usually, banks will still exchange old currency. At least that's what I thought.

You can still exchange pesetas for euros in Spain, even though it's been well over a decade. Granted, only at certain banks and only until the end of 2020 supposedly.

Yes. An extremely short time.
In France, franc coins could be exchanged for a while (several years) at banks, and for a much longer while at the central bank. If I'm not mistaken, the central bank's cutoff was in 2005. We actually made a fundraising drive out of it - lots of people had a couple of coins that were not worth a trip to the central bank, and but were happy to donate. Bills were still redeemable for a long while later.

So fake .... more than a $2 dollar bill ....:rolleyes:

Portraits of Jefferson are in circulation but so rarely seen there have even been instances of folk being arrested for trying to pass off genuine currency. I always thought they were scarce because people believed them unlucky but Wikipedia says it's to do with nothing more than business banking policy.

Back