2 tourists shot outside Faena Hotel P. Madero

Well, I certainly don't. Though I'd also like to think that I'd just give my stuff away if confronted by a guy with a gun, but you never know how you'd react until you get into the moment.

Oh please. You are talking about citizens in their own country being attacked. That happens everywhere, its day to day stuff, all over the world. I’m talking about tourists being seriously attacked in the country they are holidaying in, which, at least in my life, I have never heard of in London.

Omani student was stabbed and killed for his watch a few weeks ago.
A student though I guess, and not a tourist.

I remember an american tourist was stabbed to death near our london office a few years back
Mental illness and not robbery though.

Another american tourist suffered a similar fate in the westminster attacks, but that was classed as an act of terror, so perhaps not relatable?

Based on my googling, it seems you are safe in london as a tourist. But not from the mentally ill or terrorists who might still kill you. And the longer you stay, the more likely you are to get murdered for your property.

One of the reasons I left bs as was because of an armed robbery in my house. I have at least 4 friends I can think of off the top of my head who also were threatened or robbed at gunpoint there. I don’t know anyone in England who has had that happen.

One of the reasons I left bs as was because of an armed robbery in my house. I have at least 4 friends I can think of off the top of my head who also were threatened or robbed at gunpoint there. I don’t know anyone in England who has had that happen.

Probably helps that England has extremely good gun control to the point that even the police get along fine without guns.

Another great example of gun control is mexico, shust sayin'

According to the police the tourist were followed from the airport to the hotel.
This wasn’t a random act of violence. There were two back up cars involved.
Apparently the thieves were interested in the man's laptop and the information that was in It.
The plot thickens...

Last edited:

This report shows that crime in the safest barrio of Buenos Aires Puerto Madero increased over 150% in 2018 a shocking increase . This clearly shows that the last years were not as secure as many professed. This information seems to have been supressed under Macri now its been released .

I also think statistics in Argentina are not accurate. People don't always report crimes because they don't trust the police. I know a LOT of people in BA who have had their homes burglarised and / or who have been robbed on the streets. I cannot say the same for people I know in the UK or the US. And in those countries people DO report crimes to the police. I know that if burglarised in BA I would not report it because I don't want the police coming into my home taking a look at what they can rob so I think there is more crime in BA than we know about.

Back