BA is incredibly cheap for tourists right now - but will it last?

This myth of it being extremely cheap is starting to fade away as restaurant meals are close to european prices and good quality food in supermarkets goes up and up faster than than the devaluations . In two years it will be as dear as USA IMHO

In two years it will be as dear as USA IMHO
So, are you suggesting that within two years, Argentinians will earn wages similar to Americans in order to afford US-level prices?

I don't know any example of shock therapy that would not result in an immediate economic downturn. Therefore, even with proper execution, which is uncertain at this point, achieving a relative economic stability would likely take a decade rather than just a couple of years.

I've no idea. Everything else is very expensive too. We went to Geant supermarket to see what locals paid for ordinary groceries and the prices were through the roof.

Yesterday, 9 Dec, went to Jumbo in Palermo. It was packed with shoppers though the carts weren't full. Prices were, unbelievable. I thought Carrefour was pricey but Jumbo makes Carrefour look like a dollar store!

So, are you suggesting that within two years, Argentinians will earn wages similar to Americans in order to afford US-level prices?

I don't know any example of shock therapy that would not result in an immediate economic downturn. Therefore, even with proper execution, which is uncertain at this point, achieving a relative economic stability would likely take a decade rather than just a couple of years.
Im suggesrimg thar food prices will be the same as Usa going by inflation and cutting of subsidies . Argentina already is extemely expensive for local people but in us dollars it will double in 2 yesrs making prices for most items equal to usa . At present furniture clothing electronics are already dearer .

Back