2012 Expat Cost Of Living Survey

che

Registered
It appears Buenos Aires continues to be less expensive for expats than most desirable cities in Europe, South America, Asia, and North America - click here for more.

Did not see Argentina. ?? Rio is more Expensive than NYC? and above cities like Bern ans Lausane? Well !!

Didn't see it listed on there either.

And I have never understood the point of these surveys. Since very few expats I know are living here on great expat packages (as is common in Hong Kong, Singapore, London, NY, et al) it's rather irrelevant. (And you certainly can't compare HK, NY, London, etc to Buenos Aires).

I don't think anyone would argue that if you have a good expat package in a foreign currency, your money would go a lot further here than in any of the other cities mentioned above. But how many people here have that luxury?

I worked for a major US corporation, we hired the services of a benefits survey company to determine the Expat packages in various countries. The number of US companies having expats in major destinations are plentiful, as mentioned by Citygirl, Therefore the efforts devoted by these survey companies to evaluate locations, with less demand, is not so profitable.
Also we selected the survey companies that gave the lowest benefit packages for expats!

Back