26M UK -> Argentina

ChrisAv

Registered
Hello, I'm 26M currently living in England
I've been thinking about moving to Argentina, I have family there and have the right for a Argentine passport which im in the process of getting. I want to get advice and information on the process, experience, cost, finding a job and everything in between.

A little about me, I’m Msc educated in earth science (studies in the uk) and although I would like a job related to my degree subject I’d be happy with any job that pays the bills.

All advice and information is appreciated.

Great idea if you can earn in pounds/euros and live here. bad idea if you're gonna be earning in pesos.

though you could perhaps find some high-paying work in petroleum here!

Get a job in the UK that you can work from AR. It's not really even worth working if you have to get paid in pesos.

though you could perhaps find some high-paying work in petroleum here!

not likely, AR O&G is hanging on by the thinnest thread. Additionally, you can't just show up and get into the industry here, Op would need to have something lined up with a foreign company prior to arriving.

As soon as this Fernandez "can't lay people off" BS passes there's going to be a ton of oG professionals out there looking for work.

Presume you are Bilingual ....!
You are a Geologist ? that may have a future in the Oil industries.
What I would do:
  1. Contact the British Argentina Chamber of Commerce on line . Select from the member list those member companies that are Oil related industry.Send them a Resume with your desire to relocate to BA. Post your resume with them
  2. Contact the British consulate in BA and find out about possible openings. Same as above

If you were lucky to find a job with a local company in pesos the income could be $70,000 pesos (my guesstimate) or like say Euros 368..!
Using the blue rate ...1 Euro = 190 pesos Argies

s

I'd suggest looking into teaching English online while looking for something in your degree area, with the value of the USD vs Peso you would probably be earning more from part time online English teaching vs a traditional office job paid in pesos.

I'd suggest looking into teaching English online while looking for something in your degree area, with the value of the USD vs Peso you would probably be earning more from part time online English teaching vs a traditional office job paid in pesos.
If, that is, he has any ESL teaching qualification.

Hello, I'm 26M currently living in England
I've been thinking about moving to Argentina, I have family there and have the right for a Argentine passport which im in the process of getting. I want to get advice and information on the process, experience, cost, finding a job and everything in between.

A little about me, I’m Msc educated in earth science (studies in the uk) and although I would like a job related to my degree subject I’d be happy with any job that pays the bills.

All advice and information is appreciated.
have you ever been here?

Back