38th Feria del Libro!

IntlMama

Registered
The 38th Feria del Libro (book fair) is coming up!

I have actually never been to this, but I am planning on making the trip this year. I saw the line outside last year - pretty impressive! I figure if people were wiling to wait in a line that long, the books must really be good. I'm very excited!

I'm planning on getting a bunch of kids books for my children, so those are fine in Spanish since they absorb it so quickly, but I am wondering what the English book selection will be like? Has anyone had any experience with this and can share their thoughts?

Here's the link for anyone interested: http://www.el-libro.org.ar/

I had been at most of the years at feria del libro and the latest ones focused more on good lectures and conferences than offering books unavailable at the main bookstores in town. I recommend you to rsvp if you want to attend some of the events at the Feria. I suggest you to go a weekday, early afternoon in order to avoid the crowds of people. Also, pay attention to the Feria del Libro Infantil y Juvenil, which will take place on July (http://www.el-libro.org.ar/infantil)

Reactions: tez
Maybe there are English books but I didn't see them last year. I did see a (very small) French collection so I guess there must be English too.

Even if you don't read Spanish it's worth a visit, and I bet you leave with at least 1 book in your hand!

I've been every year and it is really fun, but as far as an English book selection it's limited. You'll get new English books from a selection of bookstores that cater to advanced ESL readers here in Argentina--the books are of course just like any we could get in the States, but the selection is rather limited and the variety of genres even more so...

Still, it's fun. I hope to make some of the lectures this year. Not books, but ArteBA is also coming up and is always so great, don't miss either.

does anyone know where this feria del libro is? I can't seem to find an address for it. and help ??????????????
confused

It's in La Rural in Palermo http://www.el-libro.org.ar/internacional/general/como-llegar.html

It's a great event. In peripherally related news, the new George W. Bush Presidential Library opened in Dallas today, with an unspecified number of copies of "The Pet Goat." Library personnel would not confirm video footage of his memorable public reading of the masterpiece.

Enjoy it this year at its convenient location because word has it "she" is moving it next year to Tecnopolis!

KEL always has a stand at the Feria. But they have a decent selection of kids books at their location in Belgrano R -- if you are really interested in kids books in english, rather than go to the fair just try there first! No lines. Check their website for location/hours. If however you have a baby younger than one, bring them with you and try getting priority access past the lines to get into the feria. just go straight to the security guard and ask, they may or may not let you in... but it could save a lot of waiting

I would recommend using the entrance on Cerviño rather than Plaza Italia. The lines are always much shorter.

Back