4 & 5 year old expat brothers seeking English speaking playmates

marcopolo

Registered
Hi

I'm the father of two boys (4 & 5) who were born in Australia and have lived here for the last 3 a bit years.

We mostly speak English at home but as time has passed the kids seem to be picking up more of a Spanglish dialect (the other day my son asked me to turn up the TV volume because he couldn't "scooch")

It would be great for them to have some English speaking playmates, not just as a chance to speak English, but also to mix with kids from a different culture.

The boys are easy to get along with and lots of fun. If any parent out there has kid(s) of a similar age and would like to meet up once in a while i.e. McDonalds or a nice park etc, please feel free to PM me .

Thanks
Mark

..mm..not many expats in town with toddlers?
Oh well, if anyone knows a family who might be interested, could you please make mention of this post.

I am having the same problem , we moved 3 yrs ago from NY. Mi kids are little older 7 and 12. The 12 yrs old is fine, but my 7 yrs old.... he wants to speak spanish all the time..........

..it certainly didnt take him long to make the language switch.

My eldest turns 6 in a few months time. Not sure if that is too young a playmate for a 7 year old, but feel free to PM me if you want to meet up.

Back