6 month lease with west-facing windows

Mediator7

Registered
Hi All,
I’m about to sign a 6 month lease in what appears to be a nice place in Palermo Hollywood but my concern is that one side is nothing but west-facing windows. It has 3 ambientes and all have an a/c unit. I’m wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether that will be a problem as the summer and the heat will be here before we know it. For all I know, the landlords are very nice and just need a renter because they are moving to another city. Or are they moving to another place for 6 months because the apartment is intolerable in the summer? I’m new here so am not sure what to expect from a rental through Remax. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Gracias,
Jeff

Many buildings have light-coloured or white shuttering blinds that roll down on the outside of the windows to reflect away the light. If you've got them and use them the heat's not going to be as bad as you fear. However building regulations are nothing like those you might be familiar with in your home country and it's not uncommon for some of the heat absorbed by the exterior of the walls to pass through the typically terracotta non-structural infill brickwork and warm up the inside of the rooms. Take a look at an exterior photograph of your building - if there's not one in the rental brochure you are bound to be able to find one on line - and determine if the windows have shutters.

I think the building is 6 years old but it doesn’t have outside shutters because the windows are curved. It has some indoor shades. It looks like I’m going to be doing it so I’ll keep my fingers crossed and hope for good air conditioning. I appreciate your prompt and detailed response.

Back