6 months since "trade mission" to Angola...what benefit?

LostinBA

Registered
Ok, so it's been 6 months since CFK, Moreno, Timmerman, Kiciloff and about 250 pro-K businessmen (including several with documented connections to drug-trafficking and prostitution) travelled to Luanda promising success in increasing international trade...

Does anyone know if anything positive actually happened as a result? Something was said about LNG shipments but it doesn't seem that even they happened.

Any insight?

The positive benefit was Cristina pocketing a few mill under the table. Nada mas.

La Salada may soon start to export to Angola!!!

The Angolans prefer USD to wheat, soya, cabbage, or pesos... seriously. Also, most of the LNG supplies will be tied up to long term contracts and any availability would be going to the highest bidder....

I'd really like to hear our recent arrivals to this site weigh in on this since they seem so pro-K, la campora...with maybe other super smart comments such as how well positioned Argentina is with a rising oil price (when as someone else pointed out that Argentina is a net importer of oil and isn't doing so well internationally on the pesos for USD exchange rate).

Come on guys, stop trying to convert 12 year olds and convince us!

ZNZ-One.jpg

Got to say, my main beef with Argentina is the price of socks!

I'm pretty cool with everything else but socks...c'mon man!

I know...I just bought 2 pairs and they cost 100 pesos...what's up with that? Maybe "Clarin Lies" socks are cheaper? If so, come on Moreno, do something useful and send me over some!

Prices in Angola and especially Luanda are incredibly inflated.

"Eye-wateringly expensive" says The Economist.

Cristina obviously there to pick up some ideas

Angola together with Nigeria are the biggest oil exporters in Africa. For a while Angola was largest when disruption in Nigeria. Forget Libya etc

Since Chavez hasnt provided cheap oil in the quantities Cristina thought was coming then an alternative source of cheap oil to trade with soya would seem to be a good idea.

Lastly learning how to stay in power for 30 years with a one party state would seem to be of interest to Cristina

Back