6 months since "trade mission" to Angola...what benefit?

PhilinBSAS said:
Prices in Angola and especially Luanda are incredibly inflated.

"Eye-wateringly expensive" says The Economist.

Cristina obviously there to pick up some ideas

Angola together with Nigeria are the biggest oil exporters in Africa. For a while Angola was largest when disruption in Nigeria. Forget Libya etc

Since Chavez hasnt provided cheap oil in the quantities Cristina thought was coming then an alternative source of cheap oil to trade with soya would seem to be a good idea.

Lastly learning how to stay in power for 30 years with a one party state would seem to be of interest to Cristina

Man, I cannot really believe that you always take the time to correct other people's errors of grammar and you write like a monkey. Me Tarzan, you what?

expatinowncountry said:
Man, I cannot really believe that you always take the time to correct other people's errors of grammar and you write like a monkey. Me Tarzan, you what?

What?

Where?

Other people's grammar?? for instance??? where in this thread or where else??

I write like a monkey? Monkeys cant write.

I dont know what you are but I'm beginning to theorise so you go and play in the trees and try to convince us all you are not an unpleasant uninformed twat

PhilinBSAS said:
What?

Where?

Other people's grammar?? for instance??? where in this thread or where else??

I write like a monkey? Monkeys cant write.

I dont know what you are but I'm beginning to theorise so you go and play in the trees and try to convince us all you are not an unpleasant uninformed twat

Relax. I forgot the ;))))
I was kidding cause you have corrected my grammar many times (for what I was thankful) and you forgot a couple of verbs and other things in your post. No need to get aggressive the way you did.
Peace.

expatinowncountry said:
Relax. I forgot the ;))))
I was kidding cause you have corrected my grammar many times (for what I was thankful) and you forgot a couple of verbs and other things in your post. No need to get aggressive the way you did.
Peace.

So I didnt "correct" anyone's post in this thread and you are totally off the wall on some substance or other I guess - bit early isn't it?

Che Boludo I don't make it a habit of correcting other people's grammar unless 1.they pay me for it and 2, it interfears with either accuracy or fluency or both and even then taking account of the level of english that can be reasonably expected - and whether there is some sort of exam looming.

I don't recall a habit of "correcting" you or anyone else on the board for that matter (well maybe someone else once only) but you said you were grateful so you can buy me a beer and I'll call it quits at that. On reflection I think you have me confused for someone else who must have got up your nose sometime on here but no matter you owe me that beer for the disrespect.

As it happens I'm not a severe prescriptivist rather I'm more inclined to be a descriptive student of the language and there is certainly a variety to be found in all these postings and no matter a prescriptivist would have a full time job.

For me I'm usually willing to stand some well intentioned criticism from a mate as opposed to uninformed crapola by some ignorant twat. So you are an English native speaker go ahead and parse any sentence of mine to show me where I should or shouldn't put a verb! I'd be interested especially if you can then go ahead and kindly explain why!! HA!!

But you still owe me that beer.

Lastly Tarzan, where I come from describing or comparing someone to a Monkey is fighting talk with or without some smiley face so consider moderating your posts if you don't want to be treated like a troll.

OK, I will pay you the beer (but it would be hard to find a good Ale in BA). It was not my intention to offend you just bad humor from my part.

Coming back to topic, I have not heard anything from Angola but I have interviewed for my book one local company and they shared with me the experience of the commercial mission to Azerbaijan. It was far lower profile than Angola given the negative press coverage. The guy told me that they were in some sort of exhibition center in a hotel in Baku and that NOBODY came to see them (he was not sure for the other companies) so it was a waste of time and money (of course on the Argentine tax payer as it was financed 100% by the government)

You are right. It is hard to find good ale in town. Sounds like an expedition/ pub crawl is warrented.

Speaking of Azerbaijan that's where Arch Twat Andrew York went - and after that his self appointed trade mission headship was trimmed back to naught (also 100% paid for by taxpayers) I seem to recall there was a further fuss later on when Wikileaks was published.

Seems that Azerbaijan is a rich source of pickings attracting all sorts of parasites

Tony W C (war criminal) Blair has been there recently ....

Telegraph reports Tony Blair told by Azerbaijan victims "Give your £90000 speakers fee to charity"

Back