70 Year Old Friend Coming To Live In La Plata

PVG1975

Registered
Hello all.

As an introduction, Im from Argentina, i lived in New Orleans for almost 7 years and moved to Del Mar (CA) after Katrina hit. I've my company in Colorado Springs now, and my wife and I returned to Argentina about 3 years ago (to enjoy the exchange rate).

I made a lot of american friends while I was living there, but I have a partner/friend that is like my dad. He's a 70 year old man that has no family there (well, he has a son that he sees once a year), and he would like to move to Buenos Aires to be closer to me.

I have some appartments in here, and Im willing to give him a place to stay, but I would like him to be here legally. I was browing the Direccion Nacional de Migraciones website and I gotta tell you, the information on the site its quite confussing.

So here are my questions, is there a retiree visa he can apply for? I am also concerned about his health insurance... can he apply for a monotributo to get the health insurance?

Thanks!

Bump...

Bajo_cero2 can help you with some of those legal questions, but he's focused on getting people CITIZENSHIP rather than just immigration.

Bajo_Cero2 CAN help you. But until he does, rest assured that there is. In fact I just became an Argentine citizen based on exactly that. He does have to have a certain level of income, not be a criminal and a few things like that. But it isn´t that hard.

Tell him he´s going to love it! :D

Back