8 British Soldiers smash argentine steak house in Canary Islands

yes I saw that last night and I was disgusted how British troops could stoop so low,admittedly a minority,and cause this sort of thing to happen...Hopefully there,ll be no backlash here in Argentina

Oh dear and it was on Lanz as well. No doubt it was the Welsh stirring up trouble. On a serious note I really hope the situation between the UK and Argentina doesn´t blow up and they start making like harder for expats here.

I don´t understand why Argentina can´t just let go of the islands. They just want to plunder the natural resources. Admittedly so does the UK, but at least the people on the islands are of a British descent. The day the UK gives them to the Argentina, is the day the UK will die.

argentina could not and do not have the resources to maintain the Falklands...end of...

Exactly. They need to stop including it on maps and calling it the Malvinas. They also need to stop the bullshit they are doing on Antarctica.

Moonwitch said:
Exactly. They need to stop including it on maps and calling it the Malvinas. They also need to stop the bullshit they are doing on Antarctica.

Oh yes?? Beware idiot because there are argentines monitoring this site...

Vikingo said:
Oh yes?? Beware idiot because there are argentines monitoring this site...

Beware of what, exactly?

I couldn't agree with Moonwitch more...

I'm sorry if it offends them but they need to see that whoever is in control of the islands, it won’t make any difference to them whatsoever. The political elite of Argentina will be the only people to benefit from them becoming Argentine and I think they are getting enough kick backs as it is. It is extremely irresponsible for the government to keep this ill feeling going. If anything the Falklands should be independent, that is what I would support.

Thanks for calling me an idiot, and then quoting my post so I couldn't even act on your advice an edit my post to make it sweet and fluffy. Doesn't Argentina tolerate different opinions now? It did when I first arrived here. I have discussed this issue with many Argentines and they are able to handle a different view to their own. Anyway we are just schmuks, nothing we can say or do can influence the issue unless there is a Kircher, Brown or Rockefeller posting amongst us?

Not about the Falklands/Malvinas. There are good soldiers and bad soldiers in every part of the world. From MOMENTO 24 today:

-----------------------------------

Momento 24 contacted Valeria, the wife of one of the victims attacked at the restaurant in the Canary Islands and in her words; she thought “they were going to kill everybody.”
From the beginning she made clear that the man was not Argentine but German and that he wasn’t the restaurant’s owner, he was just another customer.
According to her testimony, “British soldiers attacked the Argentine bar by chance. They were around there because the restaurant is next to an ATM and they took money from it. ”
Valeria says the soldiers were angered because they were thrown out of a nightclub because of creating a disturbance. “It seems that they took out their anger and excess of testosterone in the first place they landed up in.”
Consequently, it was clear that the brawl was not about an alleged argument over the Falkland Islands between Argentina and British people.
She thinks about it and says: “Wars are not made by people. They are made by some mindless folks who decide for them and unfortunately they rule in the governments. British and Argentine people are brothers as well as all the nations in the world. Many use this slaughter (I can not call it in a different way), to create hatred between these two counties, and that’s not fair. ”
Valeria also tells us that what she lived seemed a nightmare and it went beyond fiction. “I really thought they were going to kill us. In fact, once they wrecked the place and wounded several people they went out with chairs and smashed the windows from the outside. So it is clear that they intended to hurt everybody “.
And she adds: “My husband is in a serious condition; his name is Thomas and he appears with his face disfigured. He has neck injuries as they jumped on his back to break his spine”.

Wow,,,,disgraceful and shameful to say the least,,,best of luck in their recovery,we really do not need this......

Back