A Couple from Philadelphia/New York City Seeking Company

Catharine Fairbairn

Registered
We are a young couple (24 and 25) from Philadelphia/New York City newly arrived in BA. We have met some great American and Argentine friends here, but could always use more company. We love music, good food, politics (we are, admittedly, pretty obnoxiously liberal), and good conversation. My boyfriend studies jazz and is a Ph.D. student in music, and I research drug addiction in the United States. Let us know if you are interested in coffee, drinks, a meal, or a concert.

We are also looking for advice about places to meet people and find a community/make friends. If you have any advice regarding fun activities or groups we should look into, please let me know.

I'm not from BA, and I'm not even there yet, but I would enjoy meeting the two of you once there. I'll arrive in BA between mid-January and early February. How long are you staying?

My name is Maham, and I live, and have grown up in West Philly. Your interests are shared by me, as I'm sure with many others. If nothing else, I'd love to keep correspondence with you as to what the two of you have experienced in Buenos Aires - what neighborhood you've lived in, where you've gotten to meet with people, what brought you to buenos aires, etc. Looking forward!

Hola:
my name is Hugo, I am a Spanish Teacher for Foreigners and I really enjoy many of the things you mention in your profile. But...theres one detail: I am in my fifties! I have and enjoy very much the copmpany of young people if they are open minded enough to meet people of all ages.
Well, welcome to Buenos Aires and to have a coffee or a beer could be a very nice ocassion for you and me.

Un abrazo y mucha suerte!!

my e-mail: [email protected]

Catharine Fairbairn said:
We are a young couple (24 and 25) from Philadelphia/New York City newly arrived in BA. We have met some great American and Argentine friends here, but could always use more company. We love music, good food, politics (we are, admittedly, pretty obnoxiously liberal), and good conversation. My boyfriend studies jazz and is a Ph.D. student in music, and I research drug addiction in the United States. Let us know if you are interested in coffee, drinks, a meal, or a concert.

We are also looking for advice about places to meet people and find a community/make friends. If you have any advice regarding fun activities or groups we should look into, please let me know.

Hi all,
We are actually only here until February, but of course feel free to contact me with any questions. Good luck in your preparations Maham!

And Hugo, we are happy to meet people of all ages and walks of life, so feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want to arrange something.

Hi I live close to San Telmo with my Argentine Boyfriend. I teach yoga and English..from NYC. I am also a musician. Does your boyfriend play jazz? I love to sing jazz...feel free to contact me! ivy

Hi. I moved into a place in La Recoleta about a month ago and just got certified to teach English, so I'll be staying in Buenos Aires for about a year. I can speak fluent Spanish, but so far, I've been having trouble finding people with similar interests. I like playing bass and listening to good music, liberal politics, intelligent conversation, and all kinds of delicious food. So it seems we all have something in common. If you're looking for someone to meet up with at a cafe, restaurant, jazz club, bookstore/cafe, etc., please don't hesitate to drop me a line.
-Zen

Back