A few questions - soccer and spanish lessons for 8 year old

mayuspope

Registered
Hi all

My family is originally from Argentina, but I was born and grew up in the USA. My parents own a place in Puerto Madero and I plan on sending my oldest son down there in June/July. I am interested in signing him up for soccer (he plays regularly) and Spanish (understands some but doesn't speak). I have looked into Club de Amigos for soccer. Has anyone used this club? Any other suggestions?

Lastly, any recommendation on Spanish lessons for him? Not sure if there are any schools geared towards his age. Otherwise, I was thinking about a private tutor.

Saludos!
Mariana

I think yuor best bet will be to find something in Puerto Madero or San Telmo. I work at San Telmo, let me do some research.

Club de amigos is in Palermo, which is like 20-40 minutes ride by car or taxi, time consuming for a young boy.

I dont remember quite well if you can get a one or two months membership at club de amigos. I think you can search at previous threads with the search engine of this site.

I asked in San Telmo.

You can send the kid to San Telmo Club, located on Defensa street, between Av San Juan and Cochabamba, where he will learn to play "potrero" style. My colleague, born, raised, all life in San Telmo and soccer fan, advised me that when you search or ask the key expression is "escuelita de futbol para chicos".

I know about a very good school, with a pedagogycal approach to teach futbol, located in Palermo, nearby Alto Palermo Shoppong, here is the link:

http://www.claudiomarangoni.com.ar/sedes.php

Today I read a flyer about the Parroquia de San Telmo, located at Humberto Primo 340, which will offer social activities to kids on Saturdays from noon to 4pm starting on April.

Back