A Good Way To Survive Without An Active Phone In The City

shelley hou

Registered
I have been in BA for more than 1 year without have an active phone. But I still can be connect to my social media, email or other message outside the home (in home i have my wifi) when I am moving on the street and in some coffee bar and restaurantes. It actually save me a lot of money, because here the phone credit consumes fast. i do not need to apply for 3D function to get connected.

I use a software called " mywayfi", unfortunately at this moment it is only for the Androit users. You can download it from the google play, and just make it running when you move around the city, you will get your social media, you email, you instante message constantly updated without any effort. It is really a good tool. At least it save me a lot of money.

it is not ad. It is an app made by a friend in argentina. He introduced me this software and really helps. I would like to share to the people who really want it.

Looks like a good idea to me.
The Movistar thieves really do my head in. They rob you blind!

Looks like a good idea to me.
The Movistar thieves really do my head in. They rob you blind!

There seem to be two opinions on this. It seems that phone companies can't actually rais prices. I've paid the same for my plan for around 2 years now, ever since I changed from movistar to personal. Admittedly the service is shit, it seems like calls drop every few seconds, but I can't really complain about the price.

I pay $250 + IVA for 600 minutes to any number in the Americas (excluding Guiana and a couple of Caribbean countries i think) which rollover to the next month if I don't use them all (which I almost never do), 250 text messages, 250 voice messages 9 other personal numbers to call for free + 1 land line to call for free unlimited high speed internet (theoretically after 2GB/month they'll throttle me to 256kb but its never happened).

I hate the call quality and the lack of signal but I certainly wouldn't claim that they're robbing me blind. The fact that I can call clients, family, friends, etc in the US without worrying about Skype connections and without having to pay extra is by itself worth what I pay in my opinion.

looks like a password share for stealing using wifi from restaurants and other public places.

Nothing that amazing really.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opengarden.wifiopener looks similar.

Was reading about these 2 apps they're using in iraq now the government has shutdown the internet in certain regions.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opengarden.firechat

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opengarden.android.MeshClient

pretty interesting ideas.

I agree with ejcot. This app doesn't do anything that different. In fact, I would be less likely to trust an app like this. At least with any remotely personal data.

Most of my Argentine friends survive blissfully on pay as you go phones and email/Facebox/etc.

I'm pay as you go and it's a mystery how $30 seems to evaporate just by looking at the phone.

I'm pay as you go and it's a mystery how $30 seems to evaporate just by looking at the phone.

Get a post paid contract. If you're on a pay as you go or even a pre paid plan you get a certain amount of "credit" in order to buy calls at the current billing rate which increases with inflation. If you have a plan which guarantees a certain quantity of services (call minutes, sms, etc) for a certain price, that never changes and as a result of inflation your bill actually goes down each month.

Back