A Grim Anniversary

philamote

Registered
Ten years ago -- December 20, 2001 -- the Argentine economic crisis reached its worst moment. How are people remembering the events from that date, or choosing to commemorate them? I'm not in Argentina currently but following the news online, and while there's enough uncertainty to worry about in the present, there does appear to be at least an acknowledgement of the anniversary and a reflection on how the country has changed since then. Just wondering what your impressions all are, based on your personal experiences from that period or what you've heard from those who lived through it.

philamote said:
Ten years ago -- December 20, 2001 -- the Argentine economic crisis reached its worst moment. How are people remembering the events from that date, or choosing to commemorate them? I'm not in Argentina currently but following the news online, and while there's enough uncertainty to worry about in the present, there does appear to be at least an acknowledgement of the anniversary and a reflection on how the country has changed since then. Just wondering what your impressions all are, based on your personal experiences from that period or what you've heard from those who lived through it.

A timely

article

on Argentina?

And to celebrate they torch the nativity display and Chrismas tree in Plaza de Mayo. I do not get it?

Merry Christmas Argentina

That year was really horrible there were thousands of stories I remember the case of a journalist that was ill and finally died because he didn`t want his money back as an "exeption". People wanted to pull down banks, the money was in the bank and no hopes to have the money back and the worst part was to see the president getting into the helicopter instead of waiting in office....horrible as a picture of the past.....

Gringoboy said:
I think most people would rather forget it and move on.
That's is exactly what some prefer and promote so people forget the past and the bastards can do it all over again "Let's Not Forget"....ring a bell?

dennisr said:
And to celebrate they torch the nativity display and Chrismas tree in Plaza de Mayo. I do not get it?

Merry Christmas Argentina

They are the same stateless animals who did the sad events of the note, make not mistake they still there and they are active with the aim to produce confrontation and chaos..

Back