A little bit of romance...

bseabrooke

Registered
Hello Everyone

New to the city, and have the wedding anniversary coming up, so thought I'd ask some of you who are a little more familiar with BA what you would recommend for a fabulous romantic evening?

We have three challenges;

1. Something a bit 'interesting' we are rather competitive when it comes to providing each other with something special.
2. Not too expensive, I always find it is most romantic when its wonderful without a big price tag.
3. Something or somewhere baby friendly.

So what do you recommend guys? Looking forward to hear wonderful romantic experiences from all of you.

Why instead of making it a fabulous romantic evening you make it a fabulous romantic weekend? You can start it on Friday night by taking your wife/husband for a dinner at the Bistro (it´s a restaurant at the Faena Hotel in Puerto Madero) and then maybe you can book a room and spend the night there, and the next day you can go to the hotel's spa together, have massages, use the hammam (its a sort of turkish sauna) and then go back to the room, order some champagne... that would be nice : )

How about a trip to an island in Tigre.

Or a smaller B&B

When you say kid friendly. How old?

The Faena is a little overrated, but if you do go the food's better in the "El Mercado" then the "Bistro". But the spa is nice.

El Faena weekend qualifies as "not to Expensive" ....!!! A cabaña in an Estancia, all inclusive, within 100 kmts. from Bs.As.

CasaThim said:
How about a trip to an island in Tigre.

Or a smaller B&B

When you say kid friendly. How old?

The Faena is a little overrated, but if you do go the food's better in the "El Mercado" then the "Bistro". But the spa is nice.

great ideas guys, and this sounds lovely. she is just a baby only 10 months old

There are tons of places, and in my opinion, (with apologies to Ufancelli) Puerto Madero is the least Argentine or romantic place in the country. It is new, commercial, overpriced, with neither the patina of graceful old age or any character. Good place to have dinner, if you want to spend more than need to. There is a small island halfway between Uruguay and Argentina called "Martin Garcia" It is isolated, bucolic, and there is a nice little hotel/inn. I've only reached it by plane from a small airport (Don Torcuato) that doesn't even exist anymore but there must be access by water and some info online about the place.

bseabrooke said:
great ideas guys, and this sounds lovely. she is just a baby only 10 months old

Most hotel / resort babysitting services won't take babies younger than 18 months, and hammams aren't really baby friendly either ;D so I think the Faena is not a great option.

Tigre could be, depending on the weather, if it rains it can get quite flooded in.

10mos depends on your baby, but most of the restaurants on Baez have no problems with baby coming.

Nearest we've got to romance with a small baby was taking a cabana in the mountains in cordoba. Long walks (baby happily asleep in a sling) during the day, then evenings spent sitting outside the cabana with the baby asleep indoors, eating fresh local produce and drinking wine looking at the stars. It was heaven.

I'd recommend cordoba based on the experience we had there, but I'm sure there are plenty of closer or more exotic places where you could have a similar experience.

What about thinking daytime instead, get a baby sitter. Go to Malba, have a quiet time looking at art then to the restaurant there, very nice, especially if the weather is nice and you can eat outside. A little pricey but not too. Just the 2 of you. What ever you do have a great time!
Nancy

Back