A little bit of good ol' American violence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexfromLA

Registered
For anyone who didn't see the big fight last night. Here it is.

Brock Lesnar v Shane Carwin for the UFC Heavyweight title.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=96788AW2

brock-lesnar-shane-carwin-side-by-side.jpg

Argentina has many good things, but I find it to be an excessively soft country and sometimes I need a little good ol' American violence to balance me out.

Enjoy.

I couldn`t help noticing that it`s sponsored by "Bud light"...
COME ON!!!:D:D

AlexfromLA said:

I'm no Freudian, but I think you may have some repressed homo-eroticism issues. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But have you ever considered that your attraction to violence is in reality a sublimated attraction to testosterone saturated men with chiseled pecs and abs dressed in little more than dance club hot pants? I find your choice of photographs interesting to say the least. "Enjoy" indeed. Perhaps you would feel less compelled to celebrate violence and more tolerant of "softness" if you let your own inner hardness take the rest of you in the direction where it's so clearly pointing. To that end I think you might find Buenos Aires's longstanding commitment to transvestism a liberating resource. And the rest of us would surely appreciate the net reduction in violence.

I've been training in Mixed Martial Arts for over 15 years and I am actually one of those " testosterone saturated men " with " chiseled pecs and abs ". I love the sport and watch it whenever I can.

The picture is of the televised pre fight weigh-in. I have no problem with it.

If seeing that picture gives you homosexual thoughts, that's a personal issue and you might want to reflect on that in private. I know you're no " Freudian " but you might want to look up the term " Freudian Projection " because that is exactly what you are doing. And making it quite public to boot.

I'm sorry if my " soft " comment offended you. We can't all be fighters. Learn to live with it dough boy.

And yes, you just got owned.

Choripán said:
I'm no Freudian, but I think you may have some repressed homo-eroticism issues. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But have you ever considered that your attraction to violence is in reality a sublimated attraction to testosterone saturated men with chiseled pecs and abs dressed in little more than dance club hot pants? I find your choice of photographs interesting to say the least. "Enjoy" indeed. Perhaps you would feel less compelled to celebrate violence and more tolerant of "softness" if you let your own inner hardness take the rest of you in the direction where it's so clearly pointing. To that end I think you might find Buenos Aires's longstanding commitment to transvestism a liberating resource. And the rest of us would surely appreciate the net reduction in violence.

Oh please -- this is a joke right?

UFC is the fastest growing sport in terms of popularity, it actually is outpacing WWF wrestling, which believe it or not, is the most popular sport by audience ratio. It's even become quite the underground sport here. And unlike most other sports, a substantial portion of the audience is women (I think it's around 40%, so I'm one among many female fans)

wow -- by the way that link is really good quality. thanks!

AlexfromLA said:
I am actually one of those " testosterone saturated men " with " chiseled pecs and abs ". I love the sport and watch it whenever I can.
I bet you say that to all the boys. Methinks the karate kid from LA doth protest too much!

If seeing that picture gives you homosexual thoughts, that's a personal issue and you might want to reflect on that in private. I know you're no " Freudian " but you might want to look up the term " Freudian Projection " because that is exactly what you are doing. And making it quite public to boot.
Actually, seeing your post of the image gave me analytical thoughts, which is why I suggested you examine your interior spaces a bit more carefully.

I'm sorry if my " soft " comment offended you. We can't all be fighters. Learn to live with it dough boy.

Didn't offend at all. You've been swinging through the trees a lot lately in your posts. Don't assume that everyone is pissed off. I just think that you have repressed sexual instincts that manifest themselves as pleasure in violence inflicted on sweaty ripped men in ultra-short pants. The world is full of people like you. I, for one, favor gay marriage as a social issue. So fear not for I celebrate your diversity friend!

And yes, you just got owned.

I guess that means you fancy yourself a top. At least you are half self-aware!

syngirl said:
Oh please -- this is a joke right?

UFC is the fastest growing sport in terms of popularity, it actually is outpacing WWF wrestling, which believe it or not, is the most popular sport by audience ratio. It's even become quite the underground sport here. And unlike most other sports, a substantial portion of the audience is women (I think it's around 40%, so I'm one among many female fans)

Sure, my point exactly: repressed gay men and straight women love to look at images of sweaty ripped male athletes in overly tight clothing. That's in fact precisely what repressed gay men and straight women have in common. And it probably also explains why the sport is growing in popularity among both market segments.

So thanks for reinforcing the point!

Seeing me post a pre fight weigh in picture of the fight I posted made you " analytically " start thinking gay thoughts ?

um okay.

You go ahead and run with that.

Psychological projection, or "Freudian projection", is a defense mechanism in which one attributes to others, one’s own unacceptable or unwanted thoughts or emotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back