A New Family On Our Way To Ba!

AngeWP

Registered
Hola
We are a Kiwi family moving to BA early next year thanks to a job opportunity. Ill actually only be visiting SA for the first time later this month so the the thought of actually moving there to live (with 2 kids under 4) is a tad overwhelming! No doubt this group site will be my new favourite but if anyone has any initial tips/advice/checklists/info to get me started on the process I would be incredibly grateful :)

Just wanted to say welcome!! Do some searches on the site for neigborhoods etc. to see where you might want to live in relation to work. If you will be around for a few years you might also want to read here about schools and think about whether you want your kids in international school, local school, religious school...

Hey there AngeWP, great to hear there's a new kiwi family heading out here! I've been here over 13 years and have 3 kids, the youngest is 4. I'm originally from Wellington but haven't been back for so many years that I've forgotten what it looks like! Feel free to ask me whatever questions you have either by private message or in this forum.
Check out the ideas on what to bring in previous threads using the search function, there have been some great, detailed posts written on this.
Oh yes, and you can mention the rugby, they love the ABs here, you just have to emphasise how close the Pumas were to beating us this time..... ;)

Just wanted to say welcome!! Do some searches on the site for neigborhoods etc. to see where you might want to live in relation to work. If you will be around for a few years you might also want to read here about schools and think about whether you want your kids in international school, local school, religious school...
Great, thanks for the advice...it looks like I have lots of research to do so I had better start now!

Hey there AngeWP, great to hear there's a new kiwi family heading out here! I've been here over 13 years and have 3 kids, the youngest is 4. I'm originally from Wellington but haven't been back for so many years that I've forgotten what it looks like! Feel free to ask me whatever questions you have either by private message or in this forum.
Check out the ideas on what to bring in previous threads using the search function, there have been some great, detailed posts written on this.
Oh yes, and you can mention the rugby, they love the ABs here, you just have to emphasise how close the Pumas were to beating us this time..... ;)
Hi! And thanks for the message. I will definitely PM you if you dont mind as I have SO many questions. We are actually from Wellington too so I can update you on all thats new in the Windy city. Thanks again :)

Back