2000 USD per family member for residency application?

djshalt

Registered
Hey everybody!

Just want to get some guidance from anyone familiar with the residence system. I contacted an immigration lawyer to get the application process started for my family and I (five people in total). I was told that the immigration authority was only entertaining residency applications from people with an income of at least 2000 USD per person. I make about 1400 USD per family member and the implication is that I wouldn't qualify. I do have some savings but I do not know if this will offset the requirement.

Is this really the income needed for residency? I appreciate any input.

Edit to add: This would be for residency by investment, not rentista. Not sure if that matters or not.

Savings won't offset the requirement, for sure. If I understand correctly you do have to prove "financial stability" for the investment visa, and they might be saying that that's the amount required these days to prove that. It's certainly the requirement under rentista.

If it were up to me, dependent kids would have a lower $ requirement than adults, but DNM didn't ask my input when they upped the amount this year 🙃.

Savings won't offset the requirement, for sure. If I understand correctly you do have to prove "financial stability" for the investment visa, and they might be saying that that's the amount required these days to prove that. It's certainly the requirement under rentista.

If it were up to me, dependent kids would have a lower $ requirement than adults, but DNM didn't ask my input when they upped the amount this year 🙃.
That is probably the case. I am kinda stumped at the moment as to what to do. We want to live in Argentina, we love it there and in two years the thought was that we would then naturalize. But it seems options are rather limited with this new income requirement.

That is probably the case. I am kinda stumped at the moment as to what to do. We want to live in Argentina, we love it there and in two years the thought was that we would then naturalize. But it seems options are rather limited with this new income requirement.

It was devastating news for a lot of us. The average Social Security recipient gets around 1400 a month. Mine is quite a bit less than that. No idea WTF we are supposed to do, or why they selected an amount so crazy high.

Maybe you can talk to Bajo Cero and see if you can engage his services to go direct to citizenship.

It was devastating news for a lot of us. The average Social Security recipient gets around 1400 a month. Mine is quite a bit less than that. No idea WTF we are supposed to do, or why they selected an amount so crazy high.

Maybe you can talk to Bajo Cero and see if you can engage his services to go direct to citizenship.
Yeah you are right. That may be our only viable option at this point.

Does Bajo Cero still post here? Man, I'd never think I'd admit this but I really miss his posts. I remember him from the glory days of the K's in office.

Does Bajo Cero still post here? Man, I'd never think I'd admit this but I really miss his posts. I remember him from the glory days of the K's in office.

Yes, he posted about the pregnant Russian ladies, within the last 72 hours.

And for my own part, I find myself in agreement with Bajo about 90% of the time.

If you want to contact him, just search one of his posts and look at his signature at the bottom. It has his name, but the link was dead when I tried it some years ago. Still, "Google es tu amigo", though I personally prefer Duck Duck Go.

Yes, he posted about the pregnant Russian ladies, within the last 72 hours.

And for my own part, I find myself in agreement with Bajo about 90% of the time.

If you want to contact him, just search one of his posts and look at his signature at the bottom. It has his name, but the link was dead when I tried it some years ago. Still, "Google es tu amigo", though I personally prefer Duck Duck Go.
He is a good guy. Although I disagreed with many of his political posts (which is perfectly ok and I think it's good to disagree and the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same thing). I could always tell he was a hard worker, passionate guy and seems ethical and honest. I reached out to him some years ago about getting my passport there and man he was asking like $5,000 US dollars so I thought to myself, good for him for building up a successful practice.

Does Bajo Cero still post here?
I reached out to him some years ago about getting my passport there and man he was asking like $5,000 US dollars.

FYI (and to those who may be interested), in the past year or so others have incicated the price per person had been increased to $6500 USD.

I am not sure what the price per person is now or if there is a discount for a family of five.

FYI (and to those who may be interested), in the past year or so others have incicated the price per person had been increased to $6500 USD.

I am not sure what the price per person is now or if there is a discount for a family of five.
Thanks Steve. Has anyone on this board used Bajo to get citizenship? How long did it take on average? I'd be curious to hear from a long-standing member about their experience. If it's not thing I don't doubt, that's banjo's ability to get someone citizenship!

I tried finding a link on his posts and I don't see one and I can't remember his website. Can anyone post his website?

Last edited:
Back