A question about citizenship, please

Update..
I went with all my documents required to apply in the Court. The secretary checked out all my documents without any comment as it sounded that everything was organized. I said with my self "ouff, finally I can exercice my right that the Argentine constitution provided me without potential obstacles that could be caused by the employers".
Suddenly she told me that my radicaciòn contains a mistake! Oh my God! I went back to Migraciones so that they fix it and after three months of waiting, they sent an email saying that "it can not be fixed unless they receive a written request from the judge". I went to the Court explaining to the secretary what I was told by Migracones. She answered me with a firm tone that Migraciones are wrong and that they should fix it themselves. I went back patiently to Migraciones again and I spoke calmly to one lady working there and I explained her the whole situation. After about an hour of waiting, she came to me with a new radicación. I can not say that it's totally corrected. But at least, they deleted the mistake that was there before. Better than nothing.
This week I went again very early with all my papers (originals and copies) with the hope that at last the secretary will receive my file. When it was my turn, the same secretary revised my papers again and what now? She told me that my birth certificate HAYA (Apostille) looks different!! I explained her that apostilles are different and that its not necessary to be all the same. what matters is that it's an original certified apostille. Then she knocked me out saying that the validity of my appostile is over as it surpassed three months!!! I was trying to apply since I came to Argentina as my wife is Argentine. Now, my wife gave birth last week and I still couldn't apply haha. I don't know if it is funny or not but what I am sure is that it is rediculous.

How much does it cost to apply for citizenship of Argentina on the basis of having a native-born Argentian child?
Your case is straightforward, so you don't need a lawyer. Just take the necessary papers to the Juzgado federal and start the process.

How much does it cost to apply for citizenship of Argentina on the basis of having a native-born Argentian child?
Nothing. However having a lawyer will likely make thing easier and it would take less time. But it really depends where you apply and which judge you get. You can get the citizenship in 10-11 months or 2-3 year depending on location, judge etc etc. These are things you cannot control.

Nothing. However having a lawyer will likely make thing easier and it would take less time. But it really depends where you apply and which judge you get. You can get the citizenship in 10-11 months or 2-3 year depending on location, judge etc etc. These are things you cannot control.

Is it possible to live in one part of the country and request citizenship in another?

Your case is straightforward, so you don't need a lawyer. Just take the necessary papers to the Juzgado federal and start the process.

Would you happen to have an up-to-date, complete list of the documents that would need to be presented? Is there an application form that I must fill out or is there a Spanish language template of the document that I must fill in?

How, if at all, does illegal entry complicate the process?

The answers to the questions below are based on my own experience as well as what I've read in this forum.

Is it possible to live in one part of the country and request citizenship in another?

No. You must request citizenship at the office of the court in your jurisdiction.

Would you happen to have an up-to-date, complete list of the documents that would need to be presented? Is there an application form that I must fill out or is there a Spanish language template of the document that I must fill in?

Each court provides its own list. I did not fill out any forms. I just presented the requested docs at the office of the secretary of the court.

, if at all, does illegal entry complicate the process?

If "illegal entry" means you don't have a DNI, you will probably need the services of a lawyer, preferably one who is very experienced in getting citizenship for those who don't.

PS: The quickest way to find out is to go to the office of the court and ask if they will begin the process without the DNI.

Last edited:

How, if at all, does illegal entry complicate the process?
1) It is possible.
2) Basics are passport and address certificate.
3) https://old.pjn.gov.ar/02_Central/Index100.Asp?Nodo=980&Rubro=179&TipInf=104 (this is indicative but not exhaustive)
4) Indeed, in that case you need legal representation.

Update..
I went with all my documents required to apply in the Court. The secretary checked out all my documents without any comment as it sounded that everything was organized. I said with my self "ouff, finally I can exercice my right that the Argentine constitution provided me without potential obstacles that could be caused by the employers".
Suddenly she told me that my radicaciòn contains a mistake! Oh my God! I went back to Migraciones so that they fix it and after three months of waiting, they sent an email saying that "it can not be fixed unless they receive a written request from the judge". I went to the Court explaining to the secretary what I was told by Migracones. She answered me with a firm tone that Migraciones are wrong and that they should fix it themselves. I went back patiently to Migraciones again and I spoke calmly to one lady working there and I explained her the whole situation. After about an hour of waiting, she came to me with a new radicación. I can not say that it's totally corrected. But at least, they deleted the mistake that was there before. Better than nothing.
This week I went again very early with all my papers (originals and copies) with the hope that at last the secretary will receive my file. When it was my turn, the same secretary revised my papers again and what now? She told me that my birth certificate HAYA (Apostille) looks different!! I explained her that apostilles are different and that its not necessary to be all the same. what matters is that it's an original certified apostille. Then she knocked me out saying that the validity of my appostile is over as it surpassed three months!!! I was trying to apply since I came to Argentina as my wife is Argentine. Now, my wife gave birth last week and I still couldn't apply haha. I don't know if it is funny or not but what I am sure is that it is rediculous.
NB: many thanks to Dr Rubilar for his time to answer to my messages and questions!
Apply at CABA.

Does anyone know if you get citizenship, do they give you new dni number? or is the permanent residency dni number still valid?
Thank you

Does anyone know if you get citizenship, do they give you new dni number? or is the permanent residency dni number still valid?
Thank you
Yes, you have a new number that starts in 19. Your PR is over.

Back